Silicon Power has unveiled a fresh SSD line. The UD70 series is the company's first product group to star QLC-NAND, in the form of an M.2-2280 PCI Express model. It is available in capacities of 500 GB, 1 TB and 2 TB.
With 3D QLC NAND storage technology, the UD70 incorporates a much higher memory cell density, allowing for greater storage capacity on a smaller footprint – up to 2TB. Plus, NVMe 1.3 support, read speeds up to 3,400MB/s, and write speeds up to 3,000MB/s make this M.2 2280 SSD a force to be reckoned with.
The UD70 is specially engineered with a dual self-cooling system that operates via active state power management (ASPM) and autonomous power state transition (APST). In addition, thermal throttling effectively monitors and controls the temperature to prevent sudden speed drops or damage of stored data caused by high temperature. With these advanced mechanisms in place, the UD70 will keep its cool to sustain a safe and optimal level of performance at all times, which translates to a longer and more reliable lifespan.
- PCIe Gen 3x4 interface with read speeds up to 3,400MB/s and write speeds up to 3,000MB/s
- NVMe 1.3 support allows for higher performance, lower latency, and lower power consumption
- Equipped with 3D QLC NAND storage technology for larger capacity and higher performance on a small form factor
- Available in 3 storage capacity options: 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB
- Supports SLC Caching and DRAM Cache Buffer to improve sequential read/write and random read/write performance
- Dual self-cooling system via active state power management (ASPM) and autonomous power state transition (APST)
- Built-in thermal throttling effectively monitors and regulates the temperature to keep it in the normal range for greater system reliability and data integrity
- Engineered with low density parity check (LDPC) coding to ensure accuracy of data transmission and reliability of data access
- Built-in E2E data protection for enhanced data transfer integrity
- Adopts AES 256-bit encryption to ensure data security
- Small form factor M.2 2280 (80mm) allows for easy installation in laptops, small form factor PC systems, and some ultrabooks