2. Data Tests
Sanyo CRD-BP1500P IDE CDR-W - Page 2
- SCSI Mechanic v3.0x: This was used to compare the Sanyo's I/O performance against other various CDR-W drives (see charts). We used a pressed CD containing PlexTools v1.08 for all of the tests.
- CD Speed 99 v0.80 was also used to check the drive performance with pressed CDs. For that test we used PlexTools v1.08 pressed CD.
- SCSI Mechanic v3.0x results
The Sanyo CRD-BP1500P has more or less the same performance as the previous CRD-BP4/1400P had. The BP1400P and BP1500P have the same exact "Average Random I/O" (625kb/s) and stay far away from the leader PX-W1610A. Also the "Average Sequential I/O" is the same with CRD-BP4 (4461kb/s), which also is far away from the PleXWriter PX-W1610A can deliver. We assume that not many improvements are done in this area...
- CD Speed 99 v0.80 results: (click here to see the CD Speed 99 graph)
Using CD Speed 0.80, we can see that the BP1500P has the second "Average Speed" ,behind the first PX-W1610A. The drive's performance seems slightly improved over the previous BP4/1400P but still needs some work to reach the level of the PleXWriter.
The average seek times are more or less the same for the CRD-BP1400P/1500P. The CRD-BP4 seems to be winning this test with the highest performance among the 4 tested CDR-W drives. The PleXWriter PX-W1610A comes last.
- CDR Media: (click here to see the CD Speed 99 graph)
The Sanyo CRD-BP1500P has again the same level of performance with CDR media as with the previous CRD-BP1400P model. The drive seems to be able to compete the PleXWriter but needs some extra tuning to reduce the 0.44x performance gap. The CRD-BP4 seems to be having some problems and gives a rather strange performance graph.