Samsung has made available in the U.S. the Galaxy Tab Active2, a rugged tablet designed for mobile workers.
The device provides easy access to essential functions in extreme conditions-such as high/low temperatures and wet environments-and advances workflow by combining durability and LTE connectivity with capabilities for business users.
Workers across industries can use the Tab Active2 to access applications for managing job-specific tasks, such as asset management and factory automation. Through Samsung's ecosystem of partners, businesses can deploy the mobile solutions workers rely on in industries such as manufacturing, retail, transportation and public safety.
The Tab Active2 is MIL-STD-810-certified - the military standard for durability during excessive pressure, temperatures, vibrations and drops - and IP68-rated for water and dust resistance. Physical buttons are included for easy operation with work gloves, and the display can be used while wet.
Other capabilities include:
- Ruggedized S Pen: An IP68-certified water and dust resistant S Pen provides high precision in tough environments, including use on a wet display and alternate access to the tablet when wearing gloves.
- Replaceable Battery: Batteries are replaceable through a removable back panel, so that fully-charged backup batteries can be available and easily inserted.
- Charging/Data Transfer: Pogo pins on the side of the tablet enable convenient charging, offering high durability for docking a device or multiple units.
- Cameras: A 5MP front camera and 8MP auto focus rear camera delivers high-quality photos and scanning when capturing work photos or bar codes.
- Fast Access: Enhanced touch sensitivity lets users access touchscreen features while wearing gloves, while facial recognition allows fast device access using biometrics.
The Tab Active2 is also IT friendly, with the Samsung Knox defense-grade security platform enabling IT administrators to customize the device for company purposes, providing employees access to just the apps required for business use. Enterprise Firmware Over-the-Air (eFOTA) allows testing before deployments.