Pantheone Audio, the Australian design firm that focuses on creating beautifully designed pieces of art and decor that also serve as state-of-the-art sound systems, today announced Obsidian, the second product in its high-end, stylishly designed audio product suite. Obsidian is a collision of art and sound inspired by the organic, lava rock of the same name. It delivers stunning audio and smart speaker capabilities from an artistically beautiful form factor that looks perfect against any interior design. Available in two colors, Obsidian will be available from pantheoneaudio.com, priced at £1,199.
Combining sound, sculpture, and art, Obsidian is a fusion of craftsmanship that delivers clear, crisp acoustics from any streaming service or connected device. With its unique shape and style, Obsidian calls out to be touched, sensed, and heard by everyone in the room. Its perfect sculpturing harmonizes with its surrounding environment using its natural design to discreetly sync into a room's Feng Shui. Taking its design cues from nature, it is a stunning addition to any home.
The Obsidian speaker boasts a handcrafted, high-density resin cabinet and delivers exceptional sound quality through its state-of-the-art acoustic engineering and powerful audio system. It streams high resolution audio thanks to its powerful internal woofer with a high excursion design and two silk dome tweeters.
Obsidian allows connectivity via AirPlay 2, WiFi, Bluetooth, or an auxiliary cable for music playback via a user's favorite streaming service, including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, iHeart Radio, Tuneln Radio, and many more. In addition, Obsidian can connect to a variety of other devices, including other Obsidians, to offer a unique, immersive audio environment that brings the listener into the fold of the melodies, wherever they are in a location. While the built-in Alexa functionality lets users manage the system and their smart home automation integrations through voice commands, the accompanying Pantheone app (iOS and Android) enables users to control the system through their phones or tablets for volume or track skipping and to access various functions such as sleep mode and multi-room player. Updates to the Pantheone I and Obsidian speakers can be done through OTA (Over the-Air). The easy-to-use front speaker control panel enables direct control at the user's fingertips.
Built With Expertise, Precision and Inspiration
Pantheone Audio's founder, Oren Adani, developed a team of internationally renowned designers, creative directors, and engineers who had experience working with prominent brands, including LVMH, Cartier, Focal, Yves Saint Laurent, Jean-Paul Gaultier, and Givenchy. In 2020, they brought to market the high-end, stunningly designed Pantheone I (winner of the prestigious RedDot and Archiproducts Design Awards), a uniquely designed floor speaker that delivers quality audio in an unprecedented design. Now, following in its footsteps, comes Obsidian, bringing the team's high-end design and engineering skills to a more compact, portable audio device.
"Pantheone Audio is dedicated to bringing to market audio devices that offer unique handcrafted designs that harmonize their surroundings and acoustically deliver the listener into a world of pure audio," said Adani, founder and CEO of Pantheone Audio. "When we first brought Pantheone I to the market, we knew it would alter the way consumers viewed (and heard) their home sound system. Today, we expand on that offering by introducing Obsidian, a device that they can place anywhere in their home to add style and flair while also enjoying the high-quality sound.
• Battery: Playtime: 15 hours at normal listening volumes. Charging time: 2 hours for a full charge and 30 minutes for a 50% charge.
• Air-Play 2 multi-room control; Wi-Fi dedicated multi-room complete control via app for up to ten rooms.
• Controls: On/Off Switch: Alexa Assistant Voice Control; Volume Control; Track Control; Play/Pause Next/Previous.
• Material: Hand-made polished resin, ABS plastic, and high-quality acoustic fabric.
• Mode: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Version 5.0, and Aux connections. Alexa compatibility for home automation integration and voice command.
• High power amplifier: Class Damp with integrated DSP 1 x 40W for the subwoofer and 2 x 20W for the tweeter.
• Frequency response: 55-22000 Hz.
• Drive units: 1 x 5.25-inch woofer with high excursion design; 2 x 1-inch silk dome tweeters.
• Streaming services: Spotify Connect, Amazon Music, Airplay, Tidal, Tuneln, MP3, FLAC, WAV, Apple Lossless Audio Format (ALAF), AAC, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2.
• Connectivity: Aux input: 1x 3.5mm minijack for stereo analog devices; Wi-Fi: Band 802.11b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz and 5GHz; Bluetooth Version 5.0.
• Weight and Dimensions: 5 kg, 359 x 258 x 178mm.
Obsidian is the second speaker in the company's product portfolio, joining Pantheone I, the world's largest and most elegantly designed Alexa speaker. Inspired by the Pantheon in Rome, it is a meticulously handcrafted speaker built into a minimalistic resin sculpture that seamlessly fits into home interior designs. More akin to a piece of furniture than a regular sound system, it offers breathtaking sights and sounds.
Availability & Pricing:
Available in black and white at Pantheone Audio, Obsidian, and the Pantheone I are priced at £1,199 and £2,399. For more information, please visit https://www.pantheoneaudio.com/