NEO U1, an Android-based home entertainment media hub, is launching next week. Powered by the Amlogic S905 chipset, the device's capabilities bring a world of online entertainment to your living room - everything from Ultra High-Definition video playback to Android gaming. Designed by Hong Kong-based MINX, which has already released the popular NEO X8-H Plus device, the new – MINIX NEO U1 supportsweb browsing, Ultra High-Definition video playback and real-time streaming, it offers access to media player apps such as KODI, screen-casting capability, local media playback capability via USB port, Internet radio and audio streaming services, Skype along with other VoIP services, Android gaming and much more.
The NEO U1 has 802.11ac 2 x 2 MIMO Dual-Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5.0GHz) connectiovity combining both an internal and external antenna to accomplish fast streaming. It also features Gigabit Ethernet.
The Media Hub for Android supports video output up to 4K @ 60Hz, 10-bit colour format, and is running on Android Lollipop 5.1.1 OS.
The device is hitting the market next week for a SRP of US$129.90, €129.90, £94.90.
Here are the basic features:
- 2 x 2 MIMO Dual-Band ac Wi-Fi
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB eMMC 5.0 Storage (MLC) (compared to 8GB NAND Flash)
- Quad Cortex A53 CPU (64-bit)
- Penta-Core Mali-450 GPU
- Supports up to 10-bit
- Supports 'True' 4K @ 60Hz
- HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 - NEO U1 has Miracast support for all smartphone brands.
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Android Lollipop 5.1 - Uses the MINIX Launcher but the overall user interface has now improved – the settings menu etc. looks more similar to Android TV.
- Built-in F.O.T.A (Firmware-Over-The-Air) Update System
- USB 2.0 port x3, ITG port x1
- DAT/MPEG/MPE/MPG/TS/TP/VOB/ISO/AVI /MP4