Product availability is expected in Q1 2008.
Basic features include:
- Low power consumption - Less than 2W active power
- Rugged - Resistant to high levels of shock (1,500G/0.5msec) and vibration (20G (20-2000Hz)
- Reliable - 2 million MTBF
- Low latency - Access time less than 1ms
- Light weight - 82g
- Silent operation - Operating sound of 0 bels
- Runs cool - No moving parts to create excess heat
- Versatile - Hot Swappable design
- 5-year limited warranty
External Storage Kit
Lexar Media also announced the Crucial SK01 External Drive Storage Kit (sold separately). The SK01 kit > will allow users to enjoy SSD technology installed in their desktop or as a portable storage device via a USB port. The kit includes a 2.5-inch USB 2.0 external enclosure, 3.5-inch SATA 3.0Gb/shot-swappable drive bay, and a 5.25-inch drive bay bracket.