Seagate Technology plc today added new high-performance external solutions to its line of storage for gamers.
The Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSD and BarraCuda Fast SSD deliver elite performance and convenience for gamers and power users on the go.
Designed as a companion to Seagate’s recently released FireCuda Gaming Dock, the portable FireCuda Gaming SSD marries Seagate’s premium FireCuda NVMe 510 SSD and the latest SuperSpeed USB 20 Gb/s (USB 3.2 Gen2×2) interface, delivering read speeds of up to 2,000 MB/s.
The drive offers capacities of 500 GB, 1 TB, and 2 TB and features a signature chisel metal enclosure with customizable RGB LED lighting. Gamers can personalise the drive’s full-range RGB LED with the free Seagate Toolkit software and synchronise the LEDs with a FireCuda Gaming Dock. The compact SSD measures 52.5 × 104.4 × 10 mm (width × depth × height) and it is small enough to fit comfortably in the palm. Its weight is 100g.
The drive is scheduled to be released in March. Prices for the 500GB / $189.99 , 1TB / $299.99 and 2TB / $499.99.
Also new to the Seagate SSD line-up is the BarraCuda Fast SSD offering 500 GB, 1 TB, and 2 TB of capacity. The SATA SSD external drive features rapid read/write speeds of up to 540 MB/s. Pocket-sized, the drive features an attractive green LED and offers versatility with a USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port. It is PC and Mac (exFAT) compatible out of the box, includes Seagate’s Toolkit with simple backup and sync, and a complimentary two-month subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan.
Seagate is offering a three-year warranty for this SSD, which will be released in February 500GB / $94.99, 1TB / $169.99 and 2TB / $299.99.
|FireCuda Gaming SSD||FireCuda Gaming Dock||BarraCuda Fast SSD|
|Best for||NVMe SSD Performance||Capacity, docking, upgradable
NVMe SSD slot
|Max Capacity||2 TB||4 TB||2 TB|
|Max Speed||Up to 2,000 MB/s||Up to 240 MB/s
Up to 2,800 MB/s with FireCuda
NVMe SSD upgrade
|Up to 540 MB/s|
|Interface||USB-C 3.2 gen 2×2||3 x Thunderbolt 2
5x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A ports
1x DisplayPort 1.4
1x Audio in & out
|USB 3.1 gen 2|
Available in March, the FireCuda Gaming SSD includes a five-year limited warranty and retails for $189.99 (500 GB), $259.99 (1 TB), and $499.99 (2 TB). Seagate’s BarraCuda Fast SSD is available this February, offers a three-year limited warranty, and retails for $94.99 (500 GB), $169.99 (1 TB), and $299.99 (2 TB).
Seagate also today introduced a modular storage solution to manage the surge of enterprise, cloud, and edge data. Seagate’s Lyve Drive Mobile System is a portfolio of simple, secure, and efficient data management solutions.
During CES, Seagate will showcase the system and several key product concepts in the line including:
- Lyve Drive Cards and Lyve Drive Card Reader - High capacity, high-performance 1TB CFexpress cards and a portable card reader for ingesting endpoint data sources.
- Lyve Drive Shuttle - An autonomous data storage and transport solution for easy ingestion from direct-attached, network-attached, and other external storage devices. It offers up to 16TB of capacity depending on HDD or SSD configuration, and an e-ink touchscreen display to copy files directly without a PC.
- Lyve Drive Mobile Array - A sealed, high-performance, 6-bay array that is ruggedized and easy to transport. The mobile array displayed at CES will feature 6 of Seagate’s 18TB Exos HAMR (heat-assisted magnetic recording) hard drives for a total capacity of 108TB.
- Lyve Drive Modular Array - A high-performance 4-bay array with flexible configuration so businesses can build what they need for a particular workflow. The high-capacity modular array displayed at CES will include Seagate’s Exos 2X14 enterprise hard drive, which is the first to integrate Seagate’s MACH.2 multi-actuator technology.
- Lyve Drive Rackmount Receiver - A high-performance datacenter 4U rackmount ingestion hub that accepts two Lyve Drive arrays for high-speed data transfer directly into a data center fabric without the need of cables.