ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the limited-edition Ares III, a water-cooled, factiry -overclocked gaming graphics card with a single-slot form factor. Powered by dual AMD Radeon Hawaii XT R9 290X GPUs factory-overclocked at 1030 MHz, and boasting 8 GB of GDDR5 memory with a clock speed of 5000 MHz, ROG Ares III delivers very fast performance. In 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme testing, this monster card performs 15% faster and runs Battlefield 4 at frame rates 33% greater than GTX Titan Z in 4K Ultra High Definition (3840x2160) resolution.
Featuring a hand-carved EK water block, ROG Ares III has a water-cooled design that provides 25% cooler temperatures than the reference Radeon R9 295X2. ROG Ares III is made with exclusive ASUS Super Alloy Power components for durability and cooling, and comes with GPU Tweak for overclocking and online streaming that is as simple as it is flexible.
According to Asus, under the Fire Strike Extreme benchmark, ROG Ares III runs 15% faster than the Nvidia GTX Titan Z. In 4K Ultra High Definition (3840x2160) resolution, it runs Battlefield 4 at an incredible 33% greater frame rate.
ROG Ares III will be manufactured in a limited run of just 500 units. It is available now.
- Graphics engine: AMD Radeon R9 290X x2
- Bus standard: PCI Express 3.0
- OpenGL: OpenGL 4.4
- Video memory: 8 GB GDDR5
- Engine clock: 1030 MHz
- Memory clock: 5000 MHz
- Memory interface: 512-bit x2
- Digital max resolution: 4096 X 2160
- DVI output: 1 x Native Dual-link DVI-D
- HDMI output: 1 x Native HDMI
- HDCP compliant: Yes
- DisplayPort: 1 x Native DisplayPort 1.2
- Adapters/cables bundled: 3 x Power cable
- 1 x AMD Radeon Gold Reward game coupon
- 2 x G1/4 threaded fitting
- 1 x ROG 8 GB USB flash drive
- Software bundled: ASUS utilities and driver
- GPU Tweak
- Dimensions: 5.67 x 11.81in