The ASUS CRW-3212A drive also features advanced mechanical designs, including the patented ASUS DDSS II technology and unique dust resistance design. DDSS II is an enhanced follow-up to the first generation Double Dynamic Suspension System developed by ASUS. The DDSS technology is designed to minimize the vibration caused by the spindle motor and resonance between components as well as the drive and PC cases. The patented DDSS II stabilizes the pick-up head of the drive in both horizontal and vertical directions that makes tracking and focusing even more precise, and successfully reduces the vibration and noise caused by high revolution of the spindle motor.
The ASUS CRW-3212A will be shipping in quantities mid-January 2002. For more information about ASUS optical storage devices or other fine technology products, visit the company website at http://www.asus.com.
ASUSCRW-3212A Key Features:
- 32x Writing/12x Rewriting/40x Reading
- Swift data recording: burn a full 650 MB CD in 3 1/2 minutes
- FlextraLink (Flexible and Strategic Writing Tech.) to prevents Buffer Underrun
- FlextraSpeed (Flexible and Strategic Speed Switch Tech.) for optimal recording speed
- Superior Stability with DDSS II (2nd Generation Double Dynamic Suspension System)
- Unique Dust Proof design
- Overburn up to 99 minutes
- Support DAO-RAW writing mode and TAO, DAO, SAO, Multi-Session, and Packet Write
- High Speed Digital audio extraction and VCD Data Extraction supported
- Supporting DOS, Windows 95/98/2000/Me/NT/XP, Netware, Linux, OS/2 Warp
- Wide range of formats suppprted: Audio CD, CD-ROM/XA, Video CD, CD-I, Multi-session Photo CD, Karaoke CD, I-Trax, CD-Extra, and Bootable CD
- Compliant with MPC level 2 & 3, PC97/98/99/2000/2001
- Vertical/ Horizontal mounting available