The S7100X GPU is the newest addition to the AMD line of graphics virtualization products, designed in a compact form factor with a TGP of just 100W. Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is the first to offer the AMD FirePro S7100X GPU in HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blades available now.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) offers a number of benefits associated with security, manageability, and remote access while helping to lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
Rather than repurposing existing GPUs and adding a software layer to accommodate virtualization requirements, AMD MxGPU harnesses an entirely new class of GPU architecture designed with virtualization capabilities built into the silicon. Each virtualized GPU instance appears as a full-featured, native graphical device to the virtual machine's guest operating system, allowing it to be used with certified professional graphics applications and for GPU compute.
The AMD FirePro S7100X GPU supports up to 16 users per GPU across a range of virtualization solutions including VMware, SOLIDWORKS, and Siemens NX and Solid Edge. The AMD FirePro S7100X GPU enables hardware-controlled scheduling cycles to provide predictable quality of service (QoS).
AMD MxGPU technology is the only graphics virtualization solution in the industry that exposes the graphics functionality of the GPU to the virtual instance allowing full support for graphics APIs like DirectX and OpenGL, and GPU compute APIs like OpenCL, enabling applications to be run in virtual environments without altering the code.
Configuration and management is simple using native AMD FirePro graphics drivers.
One of the key benefits of VDI is the ability to centralize and secure data and resources. AMD MxGPU technology preserves the data integrity of virtualized desktops and their application data using hardware-enforced memory isolation logic, rather than a software virtualization overlay found in other offerings, to separate one virtual machine from being able to access another virtual machine's data.
- Max Power: 100W
- Bus Interface: PCIe Gen 3 x16
- Form Factor: PCIe MXM 3.1
- Cooling: Passive
- Memory: GDDR5/ 256 bit
- API Support: DirectX 11.1, OpenGL 4.4 and OpenCL 2.0
- OS Support: Microsoft Windows 8.1, Windows 7, and Linux (32- or 64-bit)
- AMD PowerTune technology
- AMD Multiuser GPU technology
- Compatible Virtualization Technologies:
- VMware ESXi 6.0 Hypervisors
- VMware vSphere and Horizon suite of applications
- System Requirements:
- Internet connection for driver installation
- 150W or greater power supply
- 8GB DDR3 (or higher) system memory recommended (depending on virtual environment)
- Warranty and SupportL
- Three-year limited product repair/replacement warranty
- Advanced parts replacement option