Xiaomi-owned phone brand Poco launched a $225 phone named the Poco X2 in India, featuring a 120Hz display and quad-camera system.
The smartphone comes with a 6.67-inch full HD+ LCD screen has a 20:9 aspect ratio, and features a punch hole on the top-right corner to accommodate dual selfie cameras. It also packs a 4,500 mAh battery with 27W fast charging capacity:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G (2xGold 2.2GHz + 6xSilver 1.8GHz), Adreno 618
- LiquidCool Technology
8GB+256GB / 6GB+128GB / 6GB+64GB
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X dual-channel memory
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage options (UFS 2.1)
- Battery and Charging: 4500mAh (typ), 27W Fast Charge, USB Type-C reversible connector port
- Quad Rear Cameras
- 64MP: Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm, F1.89, AF, PDAF supported
- 2MP (Macro): 1.75μm, 2-10cm, F2.4, AF
- 8MP (Ultra wide): 1.12μm, F2.2, 120° FOV,FF
- 2MP (Depth): 1.75μm, 2-10cm, F2.4, AF
- Portrait mode with background blurring: EIS for video shooting, AI Beautify, Low light enhancement, HDR imaging, Panorama mode, Burst mode, Face recognition, 960fps slow motion video, 4K video recording
- Dual In-Screen Cameras: 20MP + 2MP Front camera, F2.2, 0.8μm
- Fingerprint unlock: Side mounted fingerprint sensor
- Display: 16.94cm (6.67) FHD+ incell RD Display, 2400 x 1800 20:9 FHD+, 386 PPI, LCD
- Contrast Ratio: 1500:1 (typ)
- NTSC ratio: 84% (typ)
- Brightness (nits): 500 (typ) / 420 (min)
- Networks and Connectivity: 4G dual SIM, 3-choose-2 hybrid SIM tray, nanoSIM + nanoSIM/microSD
- When using both SIM card slots, either card can be set as the primary card, which supports 4G+/4G/3G/2G calling and data
- Network Bands: GSM: B2/3/5/8, WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8, LTE TDD B40/41（120MHz, FDD B1/3/5/8
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Ports: USB type-C charging port, 3.5mm audio port
- Navigation and positioning: GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, Ambient light sensor
The Poco X2 is basically identical to a Xiaomi phone that was recently announced for China, the Redmi K30.
The Poco X2 is the first phone in India to feature Sony’s new 64-megapixel IMX686 sensor, the successor to the 48-megapixel IMX586, and that part is backed by an 8-megapixel ultrawide camera, a 2-megapixel macro module, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There’s also a 20-megapixel selfie camera with a 2-megapixel depth sensor housed in a hole-punch display cutout.
Poco has always kept gamers in mind. The POCO X2 comes with a copper tube for liquid cooling, thus avoiding over-heating while playing hardcore games.
The Poco X2 costs Rs. 15,999 ($225) for a model with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, compared to Realme’s Rs. 16,999 ($239) 4GB/64GB entry-level model.
The Poco X2 will be available in India on Flipkart from noon on February 11th.