Pioneer and sub-brand TAD's sound engineers have been creating high-quality audio for many decades and, with Pioneer DJ's expertise in the pro-DJ market, the move into club sound systems is a natural progression.
Pioneer partnered with Gary Stewart of Gary Stewart Audio (GSA), whose sound systems have roused clubbers in the world’s most iconic venues, including Singapore's Zouk and Club Vertigo in Costa Rica. The team partnered with Powersoft to provide high-performance amps that maximised the potential of the system.
Pioneer's flagship speaker series includes two series of passive speakers, GS-WAVE series and XY series, the combination of which is versatile enough to suit a wide variety of installations. GS-WAVE are dance floor stacks with wide dispersion, designed to deliver sonic clarity and high SPL across the whole frequency range.
The XY series is more compact in size. Designed for use as DJ booth monitors or as PA speakers in smaller rooms, the XY series offers a wide array of rigging options for installation. The whole system is supported by Powersoft K-Series DSP amplifiers, which come with pre-set data to maximise the performance of the speakers.
"We're installing the flagship sound system in a number of world-famous clubs in Ibiza and beyond, including a complete club re-fit, which we’ll be announcing in the coming weeks," said Pioneer's Alex Barrand, the sound engineer behind the Ministry of Sound London's sound system upgrade in 2008.
GS-WAVE series featuring GSA technology
The ultimate club system, the three-meter tall GS-WAVE floor stack delivers a warm, solid sound you can feel. Features:
- A multi-fold hyperbolic horn subwoofer with large horn extension for a deep subsonic bass
- Two high-power low to mid range speakers for a tight, punchy kick
- Acoustic lens with a 110-degree dispersion and crystal clear high frequency sound
- Wide frequency response
- Transmission line design for maximum efficiency
XY series of in-fill speakers
Designed for use as monitors or in bars and lounges, the high power XY series in-fill range features:
- DJ booth monitor speakers available in 12-inch or 8-inch versions, rotatable horn with wide dispersion of 90 x 60 degrees, and extremely high quality internal passive crossover with separate cooling zones
- A dual 15-inch quasi-bandpass subwoofer and a reflex-loaded 18-inch subwoofer with ceramic driver delivering impressive frequency response
- Robust enclosure made from premium multi-laminate birch plywood
- Multiple installation options, with brackets, pole mounts, top hats, flying cradle and other accessories for quick set-up
Powersoft K-series amplifiers for optimum performance
Chosen for their high-performance and compact build, the amps feature:
- In-built, networked DSP enabling sound processing to be controlled remotely
- Industry-leading energy efficiency, high power output
- Pre-set data for optimum speaker performance and protection
|GS-WAVE Series||Multi-fold hyperbolic horn subwoofer||WAV-SUB|
|Large horn extension for WAV-SUB||WAV-HORN|
|Dual 15-inch high-power upper bass box||WAV-LOW|
|Twin acoustic lens and horn with two coaxial compression drivers||WAV-LENS|
|Omni-directional super tweeter pod||WAV-TWPOD|
|XY Series||12-inch 2-way loudspeaker||XY-122|
|8-inch 2-way loudspeaker||XY-81|
|18-inch bass reflex subwoofer||XY-118S|
|Dual 15-inch quasi-bandpass subwoofer||XY-215S|