This latest Intel RealSense camera includes a new inertial measurement unit (IMU) that enables developers to create solutions with more advanced depth-sensing and tracking capabilities for applications including drones, robotics and gaming.
The Intel RealSense D435i is the next evolution of the Intel RealSense D435 camera, adding 6 degrees of freedom data from an internal IMU that combines a variety of linear accelerometers with gyroscopes to detect both rotation and translation for three axes, as well as pitch, yaw and roll. For advanced scanning, the IMU provides an extra set of data allowing for dense reconstruction, and provides more reference so the camera doesn’t lose tracking. For example, in robotics, the robotics operating system provides not only vision but position data.
The Intel RealSense D435i runs on the open source Intel RealSense SDK 2.0, which now includes support for the IMU and enables easy development across several programming languages.
The Intel RealSense D435i provides an extra set of data for developers to create applications with more advanced depth-sensing and tracking in the same 90 mm x 25 mm x 25 mm form factor as the original Intel RealSense D435 Depth Camera. The built-in IMU provides an additional data point for dense 3D model reconstructions and can be used in applications such as gaming, pointing devices and image stabilization.
The Intel RealSense D435i camera is available for pre-order now. It will begin shipping Nov. 26.Specifications
- Use Environment: Indoor / Outdoor
- Depth Technology: Active IR stereo
- Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU): Yes
- Image Sensor Technology: Global Shutter; 3um x 3um pixel size
- Main Intel RealSense Products:
- Intel RealSense Vision Processor D4
- Intel RealSense module D430
- Depth Field of View (FOV)—(Horizontal × Vertical) for HD 16:9: 85.2° x 58° (+/- 3°)
- Depth Stream Output Resolution: Up to 1280 x 720
- Depth Stream Output Frame Rate: Up to 90 fps
- Minimum Depth Distance (Min-Z): 0.11 m
- Maximum Range: Approx. 10 meters, aAccuracy varies depending on calibration, scene, and lighting condition
- RGB Sensor Resolution & Frame Rate: 1920 x 1080 at 30 fps
- RGB Sensor FOV (Horizontal x Vertical): 69.4° x 42.5° (+/- 3°)
- Camera Dimension (Length x Depth x Height): 90 mm x 25 mm x 25 mm
- Connectors: USB 3.0 Type-C
- Mounting Mechanism:
- One 1/4-20 UNC thread mounting point
- Two M3 thread mounting points