Two analog inputs on each device in the EL691X family support slope and read adaptive power control (APC). An integrated high frequency modulator (HFM) oscillator is programmable to 100 milliamps peak-to-peak from 200 MHz to 500 MHz. Each device incorporates two laser outputs to support read/write DVD and CD combinations and offers 100-picosecond (psec) timer resolution.
EL691X Key Features
- 350mA maximum drive current
- 100 psec timer resolution
- Dual outputs support read /write DVD and CD combinations
- 8 X 8-bit multiplying DAC output (provides 8-bit full scale adjustment and 8-bit resolution)
- Programmable waveform values support DVD-RAM, DVD-R/RW, DVD䟴 and CD-R/RW - Programmable High Frequency Modulator (HFM)
- Programmable HFM offset when HFM is off
- Two analog inputs support slope and read APC
- PLL allows reduced-frequency clock on flex cable
- Serial input works up to 100 MHz
- 38-pin leadless plastic package
Availability and Pricing
Intersil's Elantec EL6915 is available now in a 38-pin leadless plastic package for $3.80 each in 10,000-unit quantities. The EL6913/4/6/8/9 are now sampling and will be available in the third quarter for $3.80 each in 10,000-unit quantities.