When connected via Ethernet to a network, the G-CONNECT drive becomes your own personal cloud or WiFi Internet access point, allowing you to surf and stream content, wirelessly, at the same time. Access and view content on the G-CONNECT solution with a mobile iOS app now available on the App Store, or through your browser. Android devices are also supported with access through a web browser, with native apps available this fall.
- Simple wireless storage for your iPad/iPhone so you can take more with you everywhere
- Easily access and stream content to your iPad and iPhone
- WiFi Internet access for multiple devices when connected via Ethernet
- Supports five devices or more, depending on the workload
- Wirelessly streams up to five SD or three HD movies simultaneously
- Surf and stream at the same time, i.e. listen to music, while surfing the Internet
- All content is automatically discovered and organized into Photos, Videos, Music, and Documents categories
- Flexible access via iPad/iPhone mobile apps, multiple browsers, PC, Mac, DLNA-certified connected TVs and Apple TV with AirPlay
- iPad/iPhone apps make G-CONNECT simple and easy to use; Android apps coming this Fall
- Password protection to keep your content safe
- A personal "private' folder allows you to share only what you want to
The G-CONNECT wireless storage solution for iPads comes in a white design for $199.99 MSRP (500GB). It will be available in the U.S in July through Hitachis authorized retail and distribution channels.