ASUS released the the Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2, an M.2 NVMe RAID add-on card that allows you to create a bootable RAID array with multiple M.2 SSDs.
Attached to unused CPU PCle lanes, the card can be assigned to storage. It features a two-phase power solution with up to 14 Watt output to support the latest NVMe drives. A large heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures for unthrottled transfer speeds.
Hyper M.2 x16 is designed specifically for Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) and the AMD Ryzen Threadripper platform for NVMe RAID support and features four M.2 slots, providing up to 128 Gbps of bandwidth per card.
ASUS didn't reveal pricing
- Interface: PCI Express 3.0 x16 interface, compatible with PCI Express x8 and x16 slots, support data transfer rates up to 128 Gbps.
- External Connectors: 4 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key design, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support(Support PCIE SSD only)
- LED & Button:
- 1 x M.2 FAN Power Switch
- 4 x M.2 access LEDs
- Features RAID function Support:
- Intel VROC ready for X299, Z370 and Z390 Series Motherboard models. (It supports Intel® SSDs only.)
- AMD X399/X470/B450/X370/B350 Series Motherboard models
- Dimentions 20.2 * 9.6 *1.3cm