With so many media players available today at the market, most users are seeking for a device that actually offers an easy and complete user interface, wide media compatibility and also a stable operation. The Xtreamer Pro the media player that we will test today is probably such a solution. The device is not a new proposal for this market, but the latest firmware (Ver.2.4.2) released for the device has made the device even more appealing, especially to power users.
The Xtreamer pro player is based on company's smaller model, the Xtreamer, which allows you to stream HD (MKV H.264) movies or your home-made videos, listen to high-quality digital music and show high-resolution side shows photos on your TV. The Pro is offering a gigantic 4GB storage capacity, double the memory of its smaller brother, it supports 7.1 CH digital audio and has an ultra-fast eSATA interface.
Xtreamer's developers have also designed an artistic GUI with animated HD menus, which can be enjoyed on your TV screen using your iPhone or the included remote control.
1) 1080p PlayBack: The xtreamer is now supporting 24P frame rate so as to assure you a natural HD film quality.
2) 802.11n Connectivity: The Xtreamer USB Antenna is a 802.11n (draft 2.0) USB WiFi adapter that will allow you to bridge your home network to the Xtreamer.
3) HD Graphical User Interface (GUI): The Xtreamer User Interface is now supporting HD resolution so icons are crisp and clear in all TV settings. The interface
was designed for easy navigation for any family member. You will find adjusting variable user preferences is as easy as
clicking a button on your remote.
4) High@5.1 1080p 16 refs Support: The Xtreamer is based on the Realtek chipset capable of playing the most demanding HD files. The XtreamerPro provides support and functionality on the latest H.264/MPEG-4 AVC 1080p and the most demanding standard for video compression.
It will allow you playback of of up to High@5.1 1080p 16 refs from USB disk and its internal HDD.
5) Integrated Storage Controller: The Xtreamer Pro incorporates a bridge controller, which translates the communication protocol between SATA II 3.0G and Hi-Speed USB commands. We added an integrated 15MIPS 8051, dual-port SATA II 3.0G and Hi-Speed USB to enable users to perform Hi-Speed USB to SATA II 3.0G, and SATA II 3.0G to SATA II 3.0G applications in a signal dedicated chip and not on the "busy" RTL architecture
6) eSATA: Xtreamer Pro user can reasonably expect full speed of copy/read/write up to the maximum speed available today in our consumer electronic industry.
7) Twice the Memory: Xtremer has also decided also to double the memory size of the device from the 2.5" model to 256 Mb DDR2 (2X128) so as to allow smoother buffering and faster GUI experience. This will be found specifically handy when demanding search and indexing procedures of files will be called by the user.
8) iPhone RC Interface: As of firmware version 2.0 our Xtreamer supports web interface for remote control.
The Xtreamer can now be controlled from the iPhone or any other mobile phone that has web browsing capability.
Simply browse to your device local IP at our home network to be able to fully control the Xtreamer.
9) Dolby TrueHD Down Mixing: Xtreamer promises to deliver audio that is identical to the master recording. It lets you experience the full potential of audio usually found in Blu-ray Disc, and is even ready for
future HD delivery formats. It produces 100 percent lossless audio that is identical to the studio master, takes full advantage of Blu-ray Disc quality, with even 7.1-channel playback, with more than 16 channels of audio
10) Blu-ray ISO Support: As of Firmware Ver 2.0 the xtreamer can deliver to your TV the Blu Ray experience utilizing its engine capable of decoding Blu-ray images packed in ISO format.
11) Integrated File Manager: The Xtreamer has a built in file manager that allows you to easily copy files to and from any USB attached drive to the
xtreamer internal HDD without being necessary to use PC to accomplish that.
12) Password Folder Lock: The Media Library will allow you to keep some folders away from the reach of unwanted handling by simply designating it
a password. Locked Folder will therefore be accessible by password only .
13) XBMC Folder Style: Wide Banner Icons were added in xtreamer since ver 2.0 and are now an integral part of the Xtreamer look and feel. With different adjustments to the skin, you may place a wide icon at each folder by giving it "folder.jpg" name.
14) Internet Radio: Featuring numerous genres of music produced by thousand broadcasters and music tastemakers from over 150 countries, the Xtreamer boasts a roster of artists and radio producers ranging commercial and public radio stations, individual DJs who program stations in every musical
15) Multilingual Support: The Xtreamer features full localization to more than 23 languages in both the GUI as well as Subtitle.
16) Live Internet Content: The Xtreamer is FLV capable device. It lets you watch live streaming content from hundred web publishers like CNN, ESPN and
more on your TV. And, if that isn't reason enough to check it out, Xtreamer also enables you to enjoy your playing FLV files stored
on the internal HDD of the device or streamed from your local network.
17) TVersty & TwonkyMedia Compatibility: The Xtreamer supports UPnP media servers. The TVersity Media Server lets you manage your Internet and home media and create your personalized lineup of channels, or as we call it your Personal Entertainment Guide (PEG). It then serves this media to a multitude of networked devices in the home or on the go, overcoming their inherent limitations by doing all the necessary conversions on the fly, and thus making your media available anywhere, anytime and on any device.
18) eTRAYz Optimization:
The Xtreamer Pro has been designed for automatic handshake and optimized NFS 1080p streaming with the eTRAYz. With the storage of both devices, coupled with its NFS UDP functionality, your HD content freedom will be endless.
19) UPnP Web Getway: The Xtreamer features advanced web gateway from which you will be able to control various features of the device.
Simply login via your PC web browser. You will be able to assign the device a unique name that will allow you easy access to the device even from the internet: yourname.myxtreamer.net. This Web Gateway will allow you to setup an NFS client and even stream your xtreamer HDD content to PC.
The Xtreamer can serve you files as NAS and its files are accessible by your PC once the FTP service is enabled.
20) NFS Client Support: The Xtreamer features full support to the NFS protocol.
21) Subtitles & Playback TrickPlay: The Xtreamer is packed with multiple abilities to play your media the way you prefer.
22) FTP Server: The Xtreamer has a built-in FTP service that allows you to access the device from any PC in your local LAN.