Today's need for extra power supply energy keeps increasing. We all want to have a stable and at the same time efficient PSU that can handle with ease our energy hungry hardware setup. With so many products on the market, Corsair's proposal for 550 watts comes with many interesting features and very good performance.
- Corsair VX550W Power Supply
Extending Corsair’s legendary reputation in performance and quality, the new Corsair VX family of power supplies features the industry’s most efficient power management and ultra-quiet design for mainstream users. Unlike most power supplies in the market, the Corsair VX incorporates a single +12V power rail that delivers continuous power under heavy loads.
This conservative design ensures reliable operation in today’s most demanding system configurations and adds compatibility for future platforms. The unique combination of rock solid performance and incredible value puts the Corsair VX family of power supplies in a class of its own. Ideal for home theater PCs and Energy Star PCs, the VX line maximizes energy savings and minimum noise generation thanks to double-forward switching circuitry design. Each Corsair VX power supply is backed with an industry-leading 5-year warranty and 24/7 on-demand customer service.
Corsair's VX line (450W and 550W) is manufactured by Channel Well, one of the Corsair's ODMs.
The performance, according to Corsair is very good, although we will have more details about it later in our review:
- Supports the latest ATX12V v2.2 standard and is backwards compatible with ATX12V 2.01 systems.
- Ultra-quiet 120mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level by varying the RPM in response to temperature.
- Double-forward switching circuitry design offers maximum efficiency, up to 85% under wide load range.
- 99% Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power to your system.
- Universal AC input 90~264V automatically scans and detects the correct voltage. No more hassle of flipping that tiny red switch!
- Dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with latest components.
- Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection, and Short Circuit Protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components.
- High quality Japanese capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability.
- 6 Serial ATA connectors
- Extra long cables support full tower size chassis.
- Standard ATX PS/2 size: 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) X 5.5"(L); 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 140mm(L)
- MTBF: 100,000 Hours
- Safety Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick.
|AC Input Rating
||90 - 264VAC
||5 - 9A
||47Hz - 63Hz