Kingston is a leader in the memory and storage market, but the company has recently expanded its product portfolio to more completely cover the gamer's needs.
As part of its HyperX line of products, Kingston has included headsets geared towards gamers.
We had the chance to use the new HyperX Cloud II headset for some time for playing, online chatting and listening to music. Announced during this year's CES, the new headset is the successor of the original HyperX Cloud model and has entered into a crowded very competitive and demanding market, already filled with great companies such as SteelSeries, Turtle Beach, Razer and others.
Compared to the HyperX Cloud I, the HyperX Cloud II is armed with a hardware-driven 7.1 surround sound environment, a USB audio control unit with an integrated sound card, and memory foam padding on both the earcups and the headband. The HyperX Cloud II maintains the same 53mm drivers as the original unit with a frequency response of 15 - 25,000Hz.
The included USB sound card audio control box amplifies audio and voice. Its independent audio and microphone volume control lets you adjust not only sound volume but also mic volume and toggle virtual Surround Sound 7.1 or the mic sound on and off. The headset can be connected to PC & Mac through its USB interface, while it is also stereo compatible with PS4, Xbox One and mobiles.
Three color options for the Cloud II will include the Gunmetal (KHX-HSCP-GM), Red (KHX-HSCP-RD), and a limited edition Pink (KHX-HSCP-PK).
Kingston hopes that these features, combined with the affordable $100 price tag and a 2 year warranty, worth your money.
Here are the specs:
- Transducer type: dynamic Ø 53mm with neodynium magnets
- Operating principle: closed
- Frequency response: 15Hz - 25,000 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 60 Ω per system
- Nominal SPL: 98±3dB
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Power handling capacity: 150mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: circumaural
- Ambient noise attenuation: approx. 20 dBa
- Headband pressure: 5N
- Weight: 320g
- Weight with microphone and cable: 350g
- Cable length and type: 1m + 2m extension
- Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm)
- Transducer type: condenser (back electret)
- Operating principle: pressure gradient
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Power supply: AB powering
- Supply voltage: 2V
- Current consumption: max 0.5 mA
- Nominal impedance: ≤2.2 kΩ
- Open circuit voltage: at f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
- Frequency response: 50–18,000 Hz
- THD: 2% at f = 1 kHz
- Max. SPL: 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
- Microphone output: -39±3dB
- Length mic boom: 150mm (include gooseneck)
- Capsule diameter: Ø6
- Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5mm)