Today will examine the Agility 2, a new 60GB SSD model that promises to deliver high performance while maintaining an affordable storage solution.
The 2.5" SSD drive is using the SF-1200 controller and it is based on a new architecture. SandForce’s architecture attempts to solve the issue of NAND write amplification by simply writing less to the drive through compression/deduplication techniques.
OCZ claims that the Agility 2 excels in both
sequential and random read/write rates, featuring 4k random writes up to
10,000 IOPS to give a performance edge over the previous generation.
The Agility 2
is using affordable
MLC flash memory (34nm NAND), it has a SATA 3Gb/s interface and
features TRIM support to optimize performance over the drive’s lifespan
The drive comes backed by a
3-year warranty and 2 million hour MTBF.
- Capacity: 60GB (also available in 40GB to 480GB capacities)
- Native TRIM support
- Seek Time: 0.1ms
- Slim 2.5" Design
- 99.8 x 69.63 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 77g
- Operating Temp: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Storage Temp: -45°C ~ +85°C
- Low Power Consumption: 2W in operation,
.5W in standby
- Shock Resistant up to 1500G
- RAID Support
- Included 3.5" Desktop adapter bracket
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X and Linux
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- 3-Year Warranty
- 60GB Max Performance
- Max Read: up to 285MB/s
- Max Write: up to 275MB/s
- Sustained Write: up to 250MB/s
- Random Write 4KB (Aligned): 10,000 IOPS