The IHAS324 is the new LiteOn drive supporting 24X burning of DVD±R media. Being among the very few drives to support such speeds, along with the Optiarc AD7240S, it is a competition among the two brands for the domination of the high speed DVD burners market. This drive supports burning of DVD±R media at 24X, DVD±R DL media at 12X, DVD+RW at 8X, DVD-RW at 6X and DVD-RAM at 12X.
- SmartWrite can overspeed certain 16X DVD±R media to a maximum of 24X
- SmartErase: Erase your disc the "Smart way": cost effective and beyond recovery
- SmartWrite optimizes the writing strategy for each particular session and automatically memorizes this for future sessions
- Throw away your useless discs without any worries
- Compatible with DVD±R (DL) and CD-R formats
The drive came in in a red retail box :
The package includes:
- Internal 24x DVD burner
- Application software disc (Nero 8 Essentials - Express 8 Essentials, ShowTime 4 Essentials, Vision 5 Essentials, Recode 3 Essentials, InCD 5 Essentials, SmartErase disc erasing utility, Drivers and drive manuals)
- Quick user guide
- Mounting screws
- SATA cable
The rear panel is typical and has a power and SATA interfaces.
Let's take a look at the drive's internal board. It is recommended not to open the case of your drive since that would void the warranty.
You can click on each picture for a larger view:
The drive is based on the MediaTek MT1879E chipset.
The drive was connected to the PC via a typical SATA interface and was identified as "ATAPI IHAS324".