CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Help!!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 646 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: Help!!! Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Help!!! - 1/23/2005 6:31:25 AM   
eiamhere69

I've just bought a new hard drive (200 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA UDMA150 8MB Cache). I was supposed to buy the IDE version but got this one by mistake. I read after that you can't use SATA. Does anyone know of an adaptor that will allow this drive to perform as an IDE. If possible I would like to use it on my PS2 also.
Thanks Ed

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 257
RE: Help!!! - 1/23/2005 11:08:08 AM   
emperor

I think there are sold SATA->IDE convertors but i don't know if will work with PS2

(in reply to eiamhere69)
Post #: 258
i need help emperor - 1/25/2005 1:30:07 AM   
budz4zo

i have a a fliptop and a burnt copy of HD loader (my DMS eZi pro is on its way) and a 200gb maxtor. games install fine on the hd (nba street 2, XIII) all which are said to work on the compatibility list(s). either way, i tried them both using all 8 modes and all i ever get is a black screen where i cant even reset. i have to turn off and on the ps2. what can i do? how can i fix this all? will my problems be solved once my dms ezi modchip finally comes.

(in reply to eiamhere69)
Post #: 259
RE: i need help emperor - 1/30/2005 6:13:57 AM   
eiamhere69

Sorry to be a pest again. I just saw a network adaptor on ebay described as 'not compatible with hard drive', how do I know which ones are and which ones aren't?
Also is there any way to burn HDLoader/HDAdvance, ie. with a patch.
Thanks, your helps ggreatly appreciated.

(in reply to budz4zo)
Post #: 260
RE: you need help? - 2/3/2005 11:45:58 PM   
djesusjay

Hello everyone, Emperor:

Have a quick question couse I'm new and this is were I have been reading and bough the all mighty HD Loader. I have the new HD Loader Advanced 2.0 and was wondering about one thing. Is their a way for you to just go back to the game menu after you finish a game. Another words, like after you finish the game you are playing or you get tired of it or like me frustrated, is their a way to quit the game your on and go back to the main HD Advanced Screen instead of booting up HD Loader Advanced again to get to the main menu on your HDD to pick another game to play? I mean a series of buttons maybe or a quit thingy??
Post #: 261
RE: you need help? - 2/4/2005 1:50:09 PM   
predator4

hi. firstly, its good to see ur response is quick on here emporer, which is why i signed up cos theres some good info on here and good way of contributing. this is a good thread but its way too long to answer my problem. ive read thru about 10 pages and not found the ansa

i have a 120 gig maxtor which is now full of ps2 games. i bought me a 160 gig maxtor cos i need more space! basically i want to copy the 120gig onto the 160 gig. wat exactly do i do? i have hdl dumb.

1. do i connect the ps2 hdd as slave, drag all the games onto my normal pc windows hdd, then connect the 160 gig and drag into there? (if so, then does the new 160 gig have to be formatted into a ps2 version thru hdadvance before i connect it to my pc or just connect it as it is?)

2. do i connect the ps2 120 gig and the 160 gig new hdd together WITH my current windows hdd? (meaning there would be 3 hdds on my pc). then i'd drag the files directly? or doesnt hdl dumb allow this to be done? does hdl dumb only allow dragging files from hdd to pc hdd? or does it also allow draggin ps2 files straight onto a new hdd?

thanks in advance!

(in reply to djesusjay)
Post #: 262
RE: you need help? - 2/5/2005 9:14:57 PM   
djesusjay

quote:

Hello everyone, Emperor:

Have a quick question couse I'm new and this is were I have been reading and bough the all mighty HD Loader. I have the new HD Loader Advanced 2.0 and was wondering about one thing. Is their a way for you to just go back to the game menu after you finish a game. Another words, like after you finish the game you are playing or you get tired of it or like me frustrated, is their a way to quit the game your on and go back to the main HD Advanced Screen instead of booting up HD Loader Advanced again to get to the main menu on your HDD to pick another game to play? I mean a series of buttons maybe or a quit thingy??

Please Help!!!!!!! ANyOne!! This having to load up again is driving me crazy. THeir's gotta be a combination of buttons to push in order to go back to the main HD Advanced Game Screen! The HD on the XBOX has a combination................GGGGRRRRR

(in reply to predator4)
Post #: 263
RE: you need help? - 2/8/2005 11:59:41 AM   
eiamhere69

I've used WinHiip to format my ps2. Is there a way to create an memory card exploit from the hdloader on the hard drive?

(in reply to djesusjay)
Post #: 264
RE: you need help? - 2/11/2005 3:29:17 PM   
charmanyo

I have HDLoader v.1 and a 160gb HDD and the Sony HDD. The problem I have is that I installed a few games on both harddrives and I have an empty 120gb HDD that I want to consolidate all the games onto. What's the easiest was I can transfer the games from both harddrives to a new one? Can I use hdldump or winhiip for this? Do I actually need the software to do this or is it as simple as cut&pasting files from one drive to another?

(in reply to eiamhere69)
Post #: 265
RE: you need help? - 2/12/2005 12:41:01 PM   
eiamhere69

Can someone please help.
I have both WinHiip and HDL Dumb and they both have simple setups but when I come to transfer a game WinHiip says there has been a problem and HDL Dumb starts to transfer and after about half a minute says successfully completed but it hasn't.

I had problems with X Men Legends but after creating an image with DVD Decrypter I managed to transfer it with HDL Dumb (although I haven't tested it yet).
I tried transfering Killzone both straight from the dvd drive and as an image but it keeps installing for a few seconds then saying complete.

My hard drive is a 200GB Maxtor in a USB 2.0 HD enclosure. I have enabled the 48bit patch in the options of WinHiip.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or suggest another piece of software that allows you to transfer to an external enclosure?

Thanks in advance

(in reply to charmanyo)
Post #: 266
RE: you need help? - 2/15/2005 9:10:17 PM   
Geo12

I am very confused:
-I have a the official sony HDD with the sony network adapter
-The HDD doesnt seem to fit into my PC (unless i am utterly stupid)
-I have a wireless network connection from my desktop, laptop, and PS2

I need to know how to find your PS2 IP address to transfer the files via my wireless connection. I already ran a diagnostic test with my router, but it didnt pick up the PS2's signal. Is there a way i can find the IP address directly from the system?
Thanks
-Geo12

(in reply to eiamhere69)
Post #: 267
RE: you need help? - 2/16/2005 8:17:30 PM   
Calintzpso

ok, the 17 pages sorta turned me off on the reading a bit(gave up after page 2 lol), so I'm here to ask a few simple(?) questions. I know the basics of what has to be done but I have two questions. First I have the sony 40 gig hdd and only plan to backup some of my pride and joy games(about 18 out of the 26 gigs currently free on my hdd would be needed for them) that are near death you could say, well my question is that I play FFXI online and i was wondering if any of these HD Loader disks would have to erase my FFXI stuff when it formats the drive, or will it not format the drive? Secondly on this question, will FFXI complain about other illegal software on the HDD? the next and final question is about something new. I was wondering if theres a program that I can send to my HDD that loads up a HDL clone that I could just put on my HDD with my PC? No need to use a disk kinda thing. Sorta like a program like the Play online Viewer for the HDD, software that loads off the HDD the HDL or HDA without a disk which could be used to run other backup games or copy the games to the HDD?

(in reply to Geo12)
Post #: 268
heres help - 2/16/2005 8:33:02 PM   
budz4zo

to help u w/ a few questions. if u have an official sony hdd and it already has FFXI then ur fine, it wont format. the formating is used to convert regular hdd to the playstation file system. so ur drive is already IN that format so no erasing will be done. FFXI will NOT complain about any of this 'illegal' jargen. for ur final question, NO u cannot load a program that will do this (w/ out the help of a modchip) the HDloader is what is used to access the harddrive. there are free versions of HDloader available (around the internet) but require a swap trick (3 cd's are required for this, swap magic, cd loader, and a "free" hdloader) so u might as well stick with the retail version as u will only need to load that cd. having a modchip installed, like a dms 4 pro or the dms ezi pro (dms3.com), which has a hdloader app built-in would require NO disc at all. it also gives the ability to boot apps from the hdd. u wouldnt need to install hdloader because its already built in, but u can install media players, emulators, etc.... also, to clarify things HDloader was released first, and clones such as HDAdvance, are EXACT copies of hdloader w/ minor changes in terms of colors displayed and such. hope all that helped.

FREE 40gb iPod Photo!

http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=12444958

READ ABOUT IT HERE:

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

OR get a free PS2 or Xbox!

http://www.FreeGamingSystems.com/?r=14220325

(in reply to Calintzpso)
Post #: 269
RE: heres help - 2/17/2005 6:12:02 AM   
Calintzpso

thank you, I'm already ordering the disk as of reading that post.

(in reply to budz4zo)
Post #: 270
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 2/17/2005 3:12:32 PM   
iceman894

super newb here << fist post to.. what is a DVD9 game i can copy dvds and ps1 games no prob and i understand how to use the hdd loader but the rest is a bit greek to me so to speak sorry for being the lamer ^.^;; it's hard to find good info on this stuff

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 271
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 2/17/2005 9:24:21 PM   
budz4zo

i wasnt aware u could use psx games w/ hd loader. but a DVD 9 game is a much larger DVD with 2layeres, such as San Andreas or Madden 2005 collectors edition. these games cannot DIRECTLY go on HDloader as it will only read the 1st layer. if u connect ur hdd to ur comp and install ur games that way using a program like HDl_dump or HDl_dumb it will work

FREE 40gb iPod Photo!

http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=12444958

READ ABOUT IT HERE:

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

OR get a free PS2 or Xbox!

http://www.FreeGamingSystems.com/?r=14220325

(in reply to iceman894)
Post #: 272
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: Help!!! Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI