CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 695 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/1/2004 3:30:39 PM   
fudge_316

hey,
i aint really no much bout connecting harddrives,
but im pretty sure that the hdd connects striaght to the network adapter, you dont need 2 run cables from ur pc 2 ur ps2.
that prolly didnt help much,
just wait for some smart person 2 post for ya

cyaz

(in reply to goombah)
Post #: 225
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/3/2004 7:11:06 AM   
hermitgod

I need help, I've read all the posts, but being new to all this I need confirmation on something.

Can hdl_dumb write both layers of a dvd-9 disc directly to a ps2 formatted hard drive in a playable format, or do you need to to create a single layer image first.

Many thanks and sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

(in reply to fudge_316)
Post #: 226
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/3/2004 7:15:11 AM   
hermitgod

Hi goombah, all you need is a sony network adaptor and a hard disk, (I recommend maxtor diamondmax 120gb). The hdd plugs directly into the network adaptor and the whole lot slots into the expansion bay in the back of the PS2. Hdloader or Hdadvance will take care of the drive formatting for you the first time you load it up. Hope this helps.

Regards

(in reply to goombah)
Post #: 227
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/3/2004 11:22:27 AM   
goombah

Thanx hermitgod.

I've been readin about somethin called mc exploit and some shark thing which i cant remember the name of right now, to allow saving games directly to the hdd. and using mc exploit and a ps1 disc to boot the ps2 with. something else i dont quite understand.

So i get a 120GB hdd and a network adapter i just whack em both into the ps2. so is there any need to connect the ps2 to the pc via ethernet or usb?

is hdloader or hdadvance free?

sorry if i sound like an annoying noob.

(in reply to hermitgod)
Post #: 228
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/3/2004 2:49:59 PM   
hermitgod

You don't need what I presume is the game shark, and forget the memory card exploit and ps1 disk. HDLoader and HDAdvance can be found relatively inexpensively on ebay and if you hunt around online HDAdvance should be available from suppliers. Once the hdd is in place boot up your ps2 using HDL or HDA, select install, eject the disk, insert the game you want to copy, give it a name and off you go. then to play the newly installed game, boot the ps2 again using HDL or HDA, highlight the image you want and select play. and voila instant gaming goodness. You only need to connect the hard drive to your PC to install dual layer DVD-9 games which unsupported by HD Loader/Advance, which is a whole different can of fish in itself. Speaking of which, if someone could answer the question I posted above I would be grateful.

Wealth is a relative thing, unless they die and leave it to you.

(in reply to goombah)
Post #: 229
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/3/2004 3:44:16 PM   
slim287

hermitgod if u connect your ps2 hdd to the pc and use hdl dumb or any other program u can download a whole ps2 dvd9 or dual layer game on the harddrive . It will download all the memory on both layers but I tried it on madden 2005 collectors and it doesnt let me access the second layer, just the first layer memory will it pick up for some reason. Ive tried shrinking the whole iso image of the game but this whole process is very hard I havent figured it out yet. I havent tried other ps2 dvd9 games yet, I was going to try it again when san andreas came out but it is a dvd5 game. hope this helps

(in reply to fudge_316)
Post #: 230
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/3/2004 10:54:22 PM   
RayLightning

hey guys what's up
i wanted to get some feed back from you guys out there as to GTA: SA
I know it's a DVD9 right and to get it on your hard drive you must install it via PC true
but call me dumb I don't know why but an few minutes ago I just said let me just try to install it normaly like the other games
and to my surprise it installed fine, it runs fine and saves fine too
has anyone else tried this cause i don't think this could be dumb luck
let me know what results you've guys have with the game and HD Loader
thanks

(in reply to slim287)
Post #: 231
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/5/2004 9:49:03 PM   
RayLightning

hey guy's
I just found out from another user that GTA: SA is a DVD5
so thats why it worked
just wanted to let ya'll know

(in reply to RayLightning)
Post #: 232
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/8/2004 1:20:48 PM   
Looneytunes

hey does somebody has a program so you can see if a PS2 game is PAL or NTSC ?

Greetz Looneytunes

Post #: 233
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/8/2004 5:51:33 PM   
mesapirate

i just got my Hdloader set up and im running a few games fine but im having problems with ratchet and clank 3,i set the modes and all, it opens and runs but if u hit start it frezzs,can yall help 'preciate it

I currently only have a PS2, with an 80Gb HDD from Maxtor at 7200 rpm, and HdLoader

*New Incompatible Games with Hdloader
-Ratchet and Clank 3

(in reply to Looneytunes)
Post #: 234
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/8/2004 6:56:44 PM   
skinrock

Hey guys, I just joined. I read through the first 9 pages, and then I just got tired of reading . lol, I only say this because I want you to know that I did read a lot, but I admit I don't know if this has been brought up or not, though.

My question is, I have both HDL Dump and Windows HDLII installed, and I am about to copy some things to an extra HDD that I have. Question, on the PS2 end, I need HD Loader or HD Advance, don't I? I mean, I can't just plug the HDD and expect to go into the PS2 browser and choose a game, right, I need some more software?

I ask because I thought HD Loader wasn't being sold anymore. If I do need some software on the PS2 end, is there any free versions out? You may think that's cheap, but the way I see it is HDL Dump and HDLII are both free, so I thought maybe someone coded a freeware version. Thanks!

(in reply to mesapirate)
Post #: 235
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/8/2004 8:26:36 PM   
Canibus

Sup gents, I also just joined and read through the first 14 pages or so. I have a couple of questions.
first, i am using a pc hdd that has been in a put to the side cpu that i have Samsung SV8004H 40GB now before i place this hdd in my ps2 does it need to be blank, formatted (FAT, NTFS what). Second, after that do i load the HD loader or HDLII on it before i place it into the ps2. Third, when i turn on my ps2 how and where do i go on the consoles main screen to access the hdd or does it just come up there. Thanks alot for any help

PS maybe someone could link me to a guide that explains (from the very beginning in noob terms) the start and finish of this whole process. By the way Emperor your a big help to a lot of peeps KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB THANKS MAN

(in reply to skinrock)
Post #: 236
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/9/2004 7:34:15 AM   
RayLightning

to skinrock you will need the hd loader sotfware for it to work and if you want you can still find it on ebay

to can~i~bus first i'm not to sure if the hard drive that you spoke of will work cause the site sugjest that you use a maxtor hard drive and so far that one works great
next once you connect the hard drive to the network adapter and install it in the PS2
you put in the hd loader disc then turn on the PS2 it will boot up to the hhd loader console and ask you to format the hard drive say yes and it will do it for you

when that is done it will give you the hd loader main screen and from there is where you do everything from installing to playing the games

so you can do like me and just leave the hd loader disc in the PS2 all the time so wheen you just turn it one there it is you know

but yo here 's a to the hd loader FAQ it should take care of all your Q & A's ok HD Loader FAQ

(in reply to Canibus)
Post #: 237
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/9/2004 6:10:45 PM   
mesapirate

is there a running incompatiblity list in the forums?

I currently only have a PS2, with an 80Gb HDD from Maxtor at 7200 rpm, and HdLoader

*New Incompatible Games with Hdloader
-Ratchet and Clank 3

Post #: 238
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/9/2004 10:11:20 PM   
RayLightning

yes there is
it's a very big list created by i think the same person that created the site he's done a great job with it check it out

(in reply to mesapirate)
Post #: 239
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 11/10/2004 6:54:05 AM   
RayLightning

i'm sorry i forgot to give you the link to the list
here it is and it's part of the HD Loader FAQ site ok
HD Loader compatibility List

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI