CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1419 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 2/19/2005 9:23:49 AM   
jm888

After reading and googling for 8 hours, here are my questions:

1) Can one use HD Loader or HDAdvance to boot and swap and play backup games (not installed in HDD)?
In other words, can one use HDL/HDA as SwapMagic? Or does it require getting BOTH HDLoader AND SwapMagic?

2) Does SwapMagic method offers a higher compatbility (more playable games) than HDL/HDA?

3) Why common folks cannot create bootable disk (e.g. burn downloaded SwapMagic/HD Loader)? Is it because only "pressed" disk media are bootable, the ones that were specially made and recognized by S0ny?

4) Somone mentioned one can do "SwapMagic --> cd loader --> hd loader". Can one do "HD Loader --> cd loader --> burnt SwapMagic"?

I know... the questions may sound a bit odd.

(in reply to budz4zo)
Post #: 273
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 2/21/2005 12:12:14 AM   
prettyboy4life21

I downloaded Tiger Woods 2005 on my hard drive using hd loader. The game loads fine and everything but it won't let me go to game modes. Does anyone have a solution or can tell me what I am doing wrong. I have it in mode 3.

(in reply to jm888)
Post #: 274
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 2/21/2005 12:20:18 AM   
iceman894

hdd loader will not copy devil may cry 2 and star ocean 3.. just asking. what would you guys do ???

(in reply to jm888)
Post #: 275
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 2/22/2005 1:40:02 AM   
budz4zo

quote:

ORIGINAL: jm888

1) Can one use HD Loader or HDAdvance to boot and swap and play backup games (not installed in HDD)?
In other words, can one use HDL/HDA as SwapMagic? Or does it require getting BOTH HDLoader AND SwapMagic?

kinda, not really. u cant install backups on the hdd using swapmagic. but u can install games on the hdd if u take it out, connect it to ur computer, and use a program like hdl_dumb to install the games. then u will be able to boot HDloader and select the games installed via pc.

2) Does SwapMagic method offers a higher compatbility (more playable games) than HDL/HDA?

no, i dont think so. it may have even less. using swap magic requires using the discs to play the games, wearing out the laser. plus u need a dvd-burner, they get scratched, etc....

3) Why common folks cannot create bootable disk (e.g. burn downloaded SwapMagic/HD Loader)? Is it because only "pressed" disk media are bootable, the ones that were specially made and recognized by S0ny?

yes

4) Somone mentioned one can do "SwapMagic --> cd loader --> hd loader". Can one do "HD Loader --> cd loader --> burnt SwapMagic"?

cd loader is a burnt program used to fix some games that dont work w/ swapmagic. hdloader only is able to install / play PS2 games. that means no psx, no apps ( this includes cd loader ) BUT actually, this may work. installing swapmagic (original) because it has the same "pressed" disc qualities as crazy taxi (a game). but u would still require a swap after booting the swapmagic from the hdloader and this would require either a fliptop or other swapping technique

FREE 40gb iPod Photo!

http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=12444958

READ ABOUT IT HERE:

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

OR get a free PS2 or Xbox!

http://www.FreeGamingSystems.com/?r=14220325

[/qoute]

< Message edited by budz4zo -- 2/22/2005 1:41:26 AM >

(in reply to jm888)
Revisions: 1 | Post #: 276
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 2/25/2005 6:00:53 PM   
stifen

Anybody get GT4 to work?

(in reply to budz4zo)
Post #: 277
gt4 - 3/1/2005 1:53:05 PM   
budz4zo

im at 72% right now on bittorrent for GT4, ive been playing prolouge for awhile now. played the fullversion the other day at my friends. the game is sick.

(in reply to stifen)
Post #: 278
RE: gt4 - 3/9/2005 11:52:08 AM   
maddman

ok im a bigtime newb so bear witt me (lol) just ordered ps2 hd n i wanna know if how 2 get it 2 copy games n what do i need? help a moron out.yhx

(in reply to budz4zo)
Post #: 279
RE: gt4 - 3/9/2005 11:58:33 AM   
maddman

oh yea i also have a quantum pc hd ..cant get pst 2 read ( tryed it witt da utility disc) any1 know what 2 do?

(in reply to maddman)
Post #: 280
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 3/13/2005 10:31:18 AM   
maddman

man am i stupid!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 281
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 3/14/2005 11:22:20 PM   
sithian476

Hey people, I'm new.

Anyways, after reading a lot, I installed Gran Turismo 4 on my hard drive using the software supplied here, I think it was HD Dump or something like that. Anyways, even though you said that installing a DVD9 game through the PC will work, I have tried it in every mode configuration possible and it just stops to a black screen after the first screen of text.

Any way to get around this?

Kinda ticking me off ;)

(in reply to maddman)
Post #: 282
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 3/15/2005 1:01:38 PM   
budz4zo

did u try all the combinations of modes? mode 2 + 3 or modes 1,2,3? i installed it as well using hdl_dumb. i have the PAL multi language one, which did u download? i heard some copies are nuked and just dont work. let me know if u get it working

(in reply to sithian476)
Post #: 283
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 3/16/2005 6:56:48 PM   
swetooth9

I installed GT4 through dumb too...but i dont know why it doesnt work... :(

Emperor, you got any ideas? have you tried it?

(in reply to budz4zo)
Post #: 284
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 3/31/2005 11:20:08 PM   
AgentQ

ok i use hdl dumb for its networking function to transfer games, this is why i dont use winhip, the problem is my hd loader sees my 200gig hd because its patched, now is there a way to get hdl dumb to be patched so when i ftp to the ps2 it sees more then 130gig

(in reply to swetooth9)
Post #: 285
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 4/3/2005 11:06:47 AM   
primetime306

LIKE MANY PEOPLE IM NEW TO THIS IDEA SPENT A COUPLE HOURS AND READ ALL 18 PAGES OF WHAT WAS SAID AND MY ONLY PROBLEM IS...

I HAVE THE RIGHT PS2 I FOUND MY EXTRA HDD JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE A DIAMOND MAX 16 AND I HAVE THE PS2 NETWORK ADAPTER SO THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO ACTUALLY SPEND MONEY ON IS THIS HD LOADER...I'VE BEEN THREW A COUPLE PS2'S AND I WANT THIS FOR NOTHING MORE THEN THE FACT THAT I CAN NOW SAVE MY GAMES ONTO THIS HDD AND DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LOOSING MY LASER ANYMORE... IF IM RIGHT AND ALL I NEED IS MY PS2, HDD, ADAPTER, AND HDLOADER AND THEN I CAN DO WHAT I INTEND TAKE MY GAME SAVE IT ON MY HDD AND BE ABLE TO STORE MY DISKS AWAY THEN THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO DAMN MUCH BUT IF IM MISSING ANY PART TO THIS PLEASE TELL ME...THANKS ALOT

(in reply to AgentQ)
Post #: 286
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 4/20/2005 5:13:05 AM   
fnuggi

Hi im new here.

I total tired of people stealing stuff..
All my game collection got stollen the other day..
So i wonna how I do all that stuff about putting games down on my hdd and get my ps2 reading it..
What do I need of hardware and what do I need of software??
wonder if somebody that knows all this can write me a Instruction guide for newbie me??

here or at my email..
Nicholas_Poulsen@hotmail.com

May the sun shine upon you, the gods of this forum..

Have U tryed to listen to pink floyd??
And have a 2 kg bag of weed stashed under your bed??
It makes you smile also in the darkest hours of the day.

(in reply to tank139)
Post #: 287
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 4/21/2005 6:16:28 AM   
mr.monster

hi all im new to this forum if anyone wouldnt mind taken me threw step by step (emperor) then i could understand what to do step by step and show me the sites to get these programs...kick off a e-mail to me or a PM i would really app. it thxs

monster

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 288
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI