CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Burning PS2 Games   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 946 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Burning PS2 Games Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/12/2003 8:32:20 AM   
hobbsyno1

[?]What i want to know is when u burn a ps2 dvd rom game to a dvd using a dvd burner what type of dvd medium do u use?[?]

(in reply to bigbaddaboom)
Post #: 33
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/12/2003 8:42:18 AM   
enigma687

oh, well in that case, regardless of what i am burning, i always use Verbatim DVD+R Data Life Plus. Yes they may be pricy but I have never had ne problems with them yet.

Post #: 34
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/12/2003 8:45:09 AM   
enigma687

xxxxx

Post #: 35
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/12/2003 12:18:49 PM   
Tron

First off let me say that c0der says (And I quote)"I was reading some guids on how to burn ps2 games and play them without a mod chip here it is." so he is not taking any credit. Secondly if you DO have a problem with a user you report it, you do not flame a user here. If there is a problem, one of the Mods or the Admin will deal with it. We all want a nice clean forum and a place where we can all get along. Please follow the rules.

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

Post #: 36
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/14/2003 10:03:01 PM   
mickey mouse

quote:
Originally posted by Tron

First off let me say that c0der says (And I quote)"I was reading some guids on how to burn ps2 games and play them without a mod chip here it is." so he is not taking any credit. Secondly if you DO have a problem with a user you report it, you do not flame a user here. If there is a problem, one of the Mods or the Admin will deal with it. We all want a nice clean forum and a place where we can all get along. Please follow the rules.

hello there
mickey mouse is my screen name
i am new

NEO

The Code Master

Post #: 37
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/15/2003 5:21:58 AM   
Tron

Welcome

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

Post #: 38
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/15/2003 5:52:31 AM   
frankgr7

Hey yes I have tried this product and it worked great for me. I never attempted to copy a PS2 game but I did successfully 'backup' a few of my DVDs onto CD with no loss of quality. I was very impressed.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRover

Hi All,

Has anyone tried this product;

http://www.a2zcds.com/cds/copy_dvd.htm

According to these guys you can copy a DVD onto a CD, using a DVD player and a CD recorder? Can someone tell me if this really works and/or have tried it?

The RoVeR

Post #: 39
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/15/2003 3:41:45 PM   
mlseddon

I have copied an original PS2 Game (Getaway DVD PAL) using PrimoDVD and the copying / writing all works successfully. However, the backup DVD will not boot. My PS2 has a modchip and I've tried it with and without DVD Region X Boot disk.

I guess I need to patch the image I created from the original before writing it to the DVD, but I am unsure which patcher to use (and even if this will help or not!). ASA Patcher seems be closest to what I need. It has the option to patch PS2 DVD images (Swap Trick Patcher), but it only works on JAP versions of the PS2.

Anyone got any suggestions or ideas?

Post #: 40
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/16/2003 10:21:04 AM   
enigma687

wot chip du have in ur ps2, it may not b able 2 play ps2 dvd backups? if ur chip is good enough, u should not need to patch the game cd/dvd or otherwise

Post #: 41
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/16/2003 10:35:45 AM   
mlseddon

That may well be the problem. I'm not sure which mod chip I had put in, but it was definately an early one and it only works in conjunction with the DVD Region X boot disk. I have copied PS2 games on CD and they work no problem, just not the DVD copies. What would be the best mod chip/plug to go for now? and if I got a plug mod rather than a chip, would the current mod chip have to be removed?

quote:
Originally posted by enigma687

wot chip du have in ur ps2, it may not b able 2 play ps2 dvd backups? if ur chip is good enough, u should not need to patch the game cd/dvd or otherwise

Post #: 42
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/16/2003 1:39:49 PM   
enigma687

i would personally reccommend messiah 2 it is the best chip yet released as it allows u to directly boot all games, dvd/cd/EA, everything. no patches, nothing.

Post #: 43
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/17/2003 2:08:04 AM   
rx7dragster4

ok i just got a dvd burner for my laptop. i want to make some back ups for my ps2 games but i cant find out how to . i got kazaa and ive been searchin for software to download but i dont no wat to download r nething. if u can send me an email and tell me how to burn a ps2 game at stlmvp44@aol.com or instant message me on aim - my screen name is rx7dragster4. or just post it on here but i rather the first 2 but what ever u wanna do. thanx

Post #: 44
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/17/2003 11:15:00 AM   
enigma687

the only app u should need is stomp recordnow max, u do not have to apply ne patches and things usually work pretty well. u do of course need a chip in ur ps2 that will boot dvd backups like a messiah 2. if u want, u can try nero, i think the newer versions work the best, if u do on the fly (1:1) copies.

Post #: 45
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/21/2003 10:39:58 PM   
mickey mouse

i diagree with enigma687
neo chip is the best that i have seen
it archtechure is the most productive
that i have seen

NEO

The Code Master

Post #: 46
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/22/2003 12:22:55 AM   
TheRover

Many thanks,

Thanks for the feedback, I will give it a try...

quote:
Originally posted by frankgr7

Hey yes I have tried this product and it worked great for me. I never attempted to copy a PS2 game but I did successfully 'backup' a few of my DVDs onto CD with no loss of quality. I was very impressed.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRover

Hi All,

Has anyone tried this product;

http://www.a2zcds.com/cds/copy_dvd.htm

According to these guys you can copy a DVD onto a CD, using a DVD player and a CD recorder? Can someone tell me if this really works and/or have tried it?

The RoVeR

The RoVer

Work hard play hard....

Post #: 47
RE: Burning PS2 Games - 1/23/2003 8:14:53 AM   
chris_da_fool

Hi all,
I am only 16 but i am keen to learn about how to burn PS2 games, I am buying GameShark 2 so i can play them without a mod chip but i was wondering wheather i need a DVD burner to burn the games, I understand how to copy them onto my hard drive, but i don't know where to get a patcher and i have downloaded fireburner. So i guess the bottom line is can anyone tell me whather i can burn without a DVD burner and how and where can i find a PS2 Patcher, I would be increadibly greatful for any help as the GameShark 2 cost me a bit of money and i don't

Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Burning PS2 Games Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI