Sony Mobile today announced the Xperia GX and Xperia SX new Android smartphones designed specifically for the Japanese market.
The new smartphones join the Xperia NX and Xperia acro HD, currently among the best selling smartphones in Japan.
The smartphones are LTE enabled with download speeds of up to 75mbps. They come with 1.5GHz dual core processors and a 4.6" HD resolution screen Reality Display along with a 13MP camera and full HD video recording. With HD sharing through DLNA, and HDMI, controlling the smartphone with the TV remote control when connected to the TV, Xperia GX also deliver a full HD experience on the big screen.
Xperia GX and Xperia SX also introduce three new media applications:
- The "WALKMAN" application integrates signature high quality audio technologies such as clear stereo, clear bass, VPT surround sound, manual equalizer and xLOUD with new ways to play, discover and recommend music.
- The "Album" application brings new ways to sort and browse high quality photos and videos fast, as well as providing instant viewing, commenting and sharing of photos on Facebook and other online albums.
- The "Movies" application streamlines the playback and viewing of movies in high quality audio and video with intelligent database search to discover more info about the movie.
Features Xperia GX
- 4.6" Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine.
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- 16GB internal flash storage
- 13MP camera with Sony Exmor R for mobile, HD video recording, and Sony technology to take 3D panoramic images.
- Launching on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Available in white and black.
The Xperia SX is the world?s lightest LTE smartphone weighing only 95 grams. It comes with a 3.7" Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 8GB internal flash storage, 8MP camera with Sony Exmor R for mobile, HD video recording, and Sony technology to take 3D panoramic images.
Japanese specific features include infrared port data exchange, mobile wallet and mobile TV.
The smartphone will launch on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich and it will be available this summer in black and white colors.