Seagate is the biggest hard disk manufacturer. As a result, the majority of PC users have used one the company's hard disk drives including us. We have many of their models in our labs and we hav ebeen always satisfied with their performance and price. Recently Seagate announced the 12th series of the Barracuda har disk drives, which offer many new technologies and features.
Barracuda 7200 drives have been strengthened and refined over
12 generations. And this
latest generation is a leader in environmentally
friendly storage. The new family offers capacities of 1 TB and 750
GB with 32-MB cache, and 500 GB with 16-MB
cache. The Barracuda 7200.12 drive is an ideal
choice for workstations, desktop RAID, gaming
PCs, high-end PCs, mainstream PCs and USB/
FireWire/eSATA external storage.
Advantages of Perpendicular Recording
After years of research at
Seagate, perpendicular recording is now a
proven technology. It increases capacity and
dependability by storing data vertically, rather
than horizontally. And vertically stored data bits
mean increased data density—which means
higher performance to increase productivity.
- Best-in-class environmental specifications and
- Adaptive Fly Height offers consistent read/write
performance from the beginning to the end of
your computing workload.
- Clean Sweep automatically calibrates your
- Enhanced G-Force Protection defends
against handling damage.
- Seagate SoftSonic motor enables ultra-quiet
The Eco-Friendly Choice
The Barracuda 7200.12 drive delivers excellent
power savings without sacrificing drive or
Seagate hard drives have long been produced
with the environment in mind, and not just with
low power consumption.
- Sustainable technology for a green world:
- Typically 70 percent or more of the materials used to build the drive is recycled.
- Complies with the RoHS directive
- 12th generation of the world’s most popular desktop hard drive
- Ships with the most reliable and proven perpendicular magnetic recording technology
- Delivers high performance:
- 160-MB/s maximum sustained data rate
- Up to 3 Gb/s instantaneous burst
- 32-MB cache on 1-TB and 750-GB drives, 16-MB cache on 500-GB drives, 8-MB cache on 250-GB drives