Today we have the chance to take a look to another member of the OCZ family of PSU's. The new OCZ EliteXStreaam series of power supplies is designed for high-powered gaming systems and workstations. We have in our hands the new OCZ EliteXStream 800W PSU, rated at 800 Watt.
The EliteXStream products are designed for optimum power distribution to all components by utilizing the highly efficient "single +12V rail" design. This approach to +12V rail design ends the need to budget power "across the rails" as is the case with the less effective multi-rail design found in the vast majority of high-performance PSUs on the market today.
OCZ claims that the PSU provides sufficient and stable power for all high-end components including multiple GPUs. Each EXS model is certified under the 80+ Certified program so they run cool and save on utility power.
The EliteXStream 800W delivers up continuous power through a complete array of connectors including four 8 pin (6+2) PCI-E and 17 drive connectors, while it is kept cool with a large 120mm fan. The ATX power supply is backed by a 5-year warranty and technical support from OCZ.
- NVIDIA SLI-Ready Certified
- 800W and 1000W(1KW) Configurations
- Internal 120mm fan
- 5 year warranty backed by OCZ's exclusive PowerSwap Warranty replacement program. No more endless return-for-repair loops!
- Part Numbers: 800W - OCZ800EXS
- Part Numbers: 1000W - OCZ1000EXS
- Technical specifications
- 150(W) x 86mm(H) x 160(L)
- ATX12V v2.2
- High efficiency 82%
- 80+ Certified
- Overvoltage/Overcurrent/Short-Circuit protection
- Active PFC (.99)
- MTBF:100,000 hours
- 90-264 VAC 10-5A 50/60Hz