MSI FX5950 Ultra - Page 3
MSI's Ultra is a typical FX5950 Ultra. It features a 256-bit memory bus for faster data transfer across the board and 256MB of Hynix DDR modules with a latency of 2ns (AF-2).
The default core clock speed is set at 475MHz, like most of the FX5950 Ultra
based cards. The memory clock is also set at 475MHz which creates an effective
speed of 950MHz, a bit below 1GHz.
With 8 pixel pipelines and the ability to render 2 texture units per pipeline,
the card can deliver up to 16 textures per rendering pass. Add to that the
full support for pixel and vertex shader 2.0 code and you have a card able
to produce almost all of today's games high quality effects.
Card Details (as provided by MSI)
256-Bit Advanced Memory Interface
• Wider memory data path with next generation controller technology for superior throughput
NVIDIA CINEFX 2.0 Engine
• Advanced pixel shaders deliver 2x the floating-point pixel shader performance of previous generations.
• Support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 (DX9) pixel shader 2.0+
• Support for DX9 vertex shader 2.0+
• Long pixel programs up to 1,024 instructions.
• Long vertex programs up to 256 static instructions with up to 65,536 instructions executed.
• Dynamic, conditional execution and flow control.
• Architected for Cg and Microsoft HLSL for maximum compatibility with
next generation content.
• 128-bit, studio-quality, floating-point precision computation through the entire rendering pipeline.
• Native hardware support for 32-bpp, 64-bpp and 128-bpp rendering modes.
• Up to 16 textures per rendering pass.
• Support for sRGB texture format for gamma textures.
• DirectX and S3TC texture compression.
• Optimized for 32-bpp, 24-bpp, 16-bpp, 15-bpp, and 8-bpp modes.
• True-color, 64x64 hardware cursor alpha.
• Multibuffering (double, triple, or quad) for smooth animation and video playback.
• Increased visual quality at higher resolutions through advances in compression, anisotropic filtering, and antialiasing technology.
• Blistering-fast antialiasing and compression performance.
• Support for advanced lossless compression algorithms for both color, texture, and z-data at even higher resolutions and frame rates.
• Fast z-clear
• Accelerates shadow volumes for next generation games.
• Accurately maintains shadows while discarding non-useful information
Advanced Display Pipeline With Full NVIDIA NVIEW Capabilities
• Integrated NTSC/PAL TV encoder supporting resolutions up to 1024x768 without the need for panning with built-in Macrovision
• Dual, integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for display resolutions up to and including 2048x1536@85Hz
• Dual DVO ports for interfacing to external TMDS transmitters.
• Internal TV support.
• VIP 1.1 interface support for video-in function.
• Microsoft Video Mixing Renderer (VMR) support for multiple video windows with full video quality and features in each window.
Digital Vibrance control (DVC) 3.0
• DVC image sharpening controls
• DVC color controls
• AGP 8X including Fast Writes and sideband addressing
• 0.13-micron process technology for higher levels of integration and higher operating clock speeds
• Advanced thermal management and thermal monitoring
• 40 mmx40 mm, BGA 1309 flip-chip package