"...The new DCM (DVD Cut Machine) from VITEC Multimedia allows users to convert old and new video film to DVD-Video format on a home PC!The new product features a complete suite of DVD creation tools for real time encoding, authoring and editing for the entire range of MPEG 1 and 2 content including VideoCD and DVD compliant video. The DCM is a combination of VITEC Multimedia's DVD Toolbox software and a PCI card featuring a new proprietary chip -- the VM2000. The chip has been three years in development and was fully funded by VITEC. The new chip provides high-quality, low-cost, real time MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 encoding.
The VM2000 is the first encoder chip set with a hybrid hardware/software architecture that allows the product to utilize the improvements of Pentium processing speeds. The chip acts as a specialized coprocessor of the Pentium. There is no memory on the board, thus leading to a low-cost BOM.
Also included is the ability to preview the video on a PC monitor while encoding or a pass-through option to a TV monitor when encoding. Along with the card, all the popular software features of the VITEC DVD Toolbox are included providing a comprehensive editing and authoring suite.
- MPEG MAKER-2: AVI and BMP to MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 converter VIDEO Clip MPEG-2 SE: MPEG-2 software editor to edit existing MPEG files.
- DVDMaker: simple authoring software to define linear chapters and generate DVD-Video image on disk.
- MPEGRemix: software to replace the audio component of an MPEG program file by a .wav file and remix it to a new MPEG program file.
- VOBtoMPEG: software which reads back an existing DVD-Video and converts it into a MPEG-2 file which can be fed again inside the editor to create a new movie without having to decode the DVD file.
- Software DVD-Video Player: A DVD real time player to play and check the image of the DVD-Video before writing the DVD-R or the CD-R..."