|Last 7 Days News :
Thursday, March 10, 2016
MediaTek Details Its Imagiq Image Signal Processor
Mediatek will demonstrate the main features of its Imagiq Image Signal Processor found in its latest high-end mobile systems on chips, at the "MediaTek Helio X20 Launch Event" on March 16 in Shenzhen, China.
MediaTek high-end mobile SoCs ranging from the currently released MediaTek Helio P20 and Helio X20 to future SoCs will use the Imagiq ISP. Imagiq integrates a number of imaging technologies and photography features, leveraging its dual camera design. According to Mediatek, the Imagiq ISP features:
- Real-Time Large Aperture Depth-of-Field Effect - With the built-in 3D sensor, the ISP can capture depth mapping in real-time, and with a large aperture of greater than f/0.8, it can produce large aperture depth-of-field effects in real-time even for previews.
- Reality Depth of Field (DOF) - Users can map objects and backgrounds to multiple layers with a DOF feature. The smartphone can smartly position the object and background and apply creative effects to each layer in real time to produce photos or videos with DOF effects.
- Bayer and Mono Cameras - This multiple-sensor design can capture three times the light of a traditional single-bayer sensor, thus reducing image noise and increasing quality.
- Dual Camera Zoom - The ISP is equipped with a wide-angle lens and a telescope in its dual camera system. Imagiq combines these wide-angle and zoomed captured images into one image, increasing image clarity when shooting distant objects.
- Hybrid Autofocus (Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) and Laser Auto Focus) - Combining PDAF and Laser AF to realize a faster autofocus speed, which is also applicable in dimly lit environments.
- Pixel-Level Auto Focus - A focus speed and accuracy comparable to the human eye. The focus speed is four times that of traditional autofocus, making it suitable for shooting fast-moving objects in real-time.
- New De-Mosaic and Sharpness Engine - With its large-scale texture recognition and implementation of adaptive color image abilities, Imagiq produces smoother and sharper images, which is useful when taking photos in dimly lit environments.
- New Adaptive De-Noising Engine - Imagiq reduces image noise even in low-light environments, allowing the ISP to render high quality video and pictures with near life-like quality.
- Automatic Image Stabilization (AIS) - Imagiq can combine four consecutively captured images into one image, eliminating common blur effects from camera shake.
- TrueBright Engine - With RWWB sensor support, Imagiq powers twice the sensitivity to light of a traditional RGB sensor, allowing forshooting of high-quality photos even in low light.
- Upgraded 3A HW Engine
In addition to image quality enhancements, Imagiq also offers a set of videography features:
- Electronic image stabilization (EIS) and Gyro - Using a hardware engine to predict motion, Imagiq eliminates a video’s camera shake and distortion.
- 1/32 Super-Slow Motion - In addition to supporting 720p video, Imagiq can shoot 1080p video at 480 frames per second in 1/32 super-slow motion playback, resulting in a 960 FPS video. Users are also able to edit videos using super-slow motion.
- Temporal Noise Reduction - Imagiq uses advanced temporal noise reduction to locate and reduce pixel movement in videos, resulting in cleaner videos in both video previews and filming.
- 4K HDR Shooting