|Last 7 Days News :
Tuesday, February 03, 2015
Kingston Digital Releases FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Encrypted USB Flash Drive
Kingston Digital today announced the DataTraveler 4000 Gen. 2 and DataTraveler 4000 Gen. 2 Management Ready, a pair of next-generation encrypted USB Flash drives designed to safeguard an organization’s data.
DataTraveler 4000 G2 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified so it provides a tamper-evident seal for physical security to detect and respond to attempts to access, use or modify the cryptographic module. Data is protected by hardware-based 256-bit AES encryption in XTS mode and the drive casing is made of titanium coated stainless steel. The drive is designed to reduce the possibility of successful brute force attacks as it locks down and reformats after 10 failed password attempts.
DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready features the same security and features as DataTraveler 4000 G2 but also offers optional SafeConsole management from BlockMaster. SafeConsole gives organizations tools including the ability to remotely reset passwords, configure password and device policies and activate audit for compliance. DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready gives companies the flexibility to initially deploy the drive as a stand-alone device, and then have the option of adding a central management solution later.
Both drives offer USB 3.0 data transfer rates and are available in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities. They utilize NAND and controller design that allows the NAND to be interchanged without requalification and certification.
The new flash drives are backed by a five-year warranty.
- High-end FIPS Validated Security: 100-percent of stored data is protected by hardware-based, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in XTS mode
- Tamper-Evident seal: physical security to detect and respond to attempts at physical access, use or modification of the cryptographic module
- USB 3.0 interface
- Read-Only Access Mode: when selected, access files in Read-only Mode to avoid potential Malware risks
- Enforced password protection: complex password is user set with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
- Customizable: preload content, password length, maximum number of password attempts and internal/external serialization numbering
- Ruggedized: titanium-coated stainless steel casing
- Waterproof: protected against water damage
- TAA Compliant
- Five-year warranty with free technical support
- Dimensions: 3.00" x 0.9" x 0.47" (77.9mm x 22mm x 12.05mm)
- Speed (USB 3.0):
- 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
- 8GB & 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
- 32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
- 64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write USB 2.0:
- 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB–64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB