Saturday, March 24, 2018
Submit your own News for
inclusion in our Site.
Click here...
Breaking News
Tesla and Mozilla Among Businesses That Paused Facebook
Low-Cost iPad For Classrooms Coming Next Week
Google Says Publishers are Responsible for Getting Users' Consent to Comply With New EU Privacy Law
Samsung Electronics Shareholders Approve Stock Split, Company Talks About Future for Smartphones, Chips
Streaming Services Keep Driving Music Business
Huawei Could Release 512GB and Blockchain-Ready Smartphone
Sony Announces Pricing and Availability for A8F BRAVIA OLED TVs and 85" Class X900F and X850F Series 4K HDR TVs
New Samsung Exynos 7 Series 9610 Mobile Processor focuses on Multimedia
Active Discussions
Which of these DVD media are the best, most durable?
How to back up a PS2 DL game
Copy a protected DVD?
roxio issues with xp pro
Help make DVDInfoPro better with dvdinfomantis!!!
menu making
Optiarc AD-7260S review
cdrw trouble
 Home > News > Consumer Electronics > Pioneer...
Last 7 Days News : SU MO TU WE TH FR SA All News

Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Pioneer Is Selling Its Audiovisual Business to Onkyo

Japanese electronics maker Pioneer will sell its audiovisual equipment business to Onkyo and the Baring Private Equity Asia investment fund, as the company is trying to improve its profitability.

Pioneer, Onkyo and Baring Private Equity Asia have reached a
basic agreement to commence discussions relate to the integration part of Pioneer's Home AV business operations between Pioneer and Onkyo. In addition, part of the shares in Pioneer Home Electronics Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pioneer, will be transferred to Baring and Onkyo. After the transfer, Baring will have a 51% stake in PHE. Pioneer says the remaining 49% will be determined in consultation between the related parties.

Pioneer’s Home Electronics division develops audio and video home theater products including A/V receivers, Blu-ray Disc and DVD players, and speakers.

Pioneer has positioned the car navigation business as a key growth pillar, with the segment accounting for 70% of sales. It had been considering restructuring Pioneer Home Electronics, and held negotiations with Funai Electric and D&M Holdings about a possible sell-off.

Pioneer will work with Onkyo in the areas of product design, component procurement, distribution and sales. The products will continue to be sold under the Pioneer brand.

Onkyo will review its cost structure, including in the area of procurement, by taking advantage of Pioneer's technologies.

Google's Nest Opens Doors to Third-party Apps, Google Domains Trials Started        All News        Microsoft Releases The Nokia X2
Pioneer Releases Dolby Atmos-Enabled Elite Speakers and SC Receivers     Consumer Electronics News      Sony Releases New Portable Gadgets

Get RSS feed Easy Print E-Mail this Message

Related News
Pioneer DDJ-SB3 DJ Controller Lets Almost Anyone Scratch
New Pioneer DDJ-1000 Controller Designed for rekordbox dj
New Pioneer BDR-XD07 External Blu-ray Burners Connect Directly to Android Smartphones
Pioneer Introduces New CDJ-2000NXS2-W and DJM-900NXS2-W
HERE and Pioneer Partner on Global Map Solutions
Pioneer's Flagship Se-Monitor5 Hi-Res Headphones Released
Konica Minolta and Pioneer Join Forces On OLED Lighting Business
Pioneer Debuts New Elite 7.2-channel Network AV Receivers
Pioneer BDR-211UBK BD Writer With Ultra HD Blu-ray Playback Support Launches In The U.S
Pioneer BDR-XD06J-UHD Is The First Portable UHD BD PC Drive
Pioneer Rayz Earphones Support Apple's Lightning Audio Technology
Pioneer Sells CATV-Related Equipment Business, Forms OLED Lighting Alliance With Konica Minolta

Most Popular News
Home | News | All News | Reviews | Articles | Guides | Download | Expert Area | Forum | Site Info
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ - CDRINFO.COM 1998-2018 - All rights reserved -
Privacy policy - Contact Us .