LG's latest flagship smartphone, the LG Optimus G
, will be available
in the United States on the AT&T and Sprint networks.
LG Optimus G combines LG's LTE, display and energy technologies with
Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. The device is equipped with
a 2,100mAh battery made by LG Chem and a 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus
Sprint and AT&T will be among the first wireless service providers
in the world to offer the LG Optimus G, which is powered by the
1.5GHz quad-core CPU Snapdragon S4 Pro processor.
LG developed and patented Crystal Reflection to give the back cover
the ability to display different patterns depending on the angle and
While mobile communication, business, and entertainment are easily
accommodated with the Optimus G, the device also packs a wide range
of features including:
- The QSlide Function shows two different screens simultaneously on
one display so users can quickly send an important work email while
playing a graphic-intense video at the same time.
- QuickMemo allows users to take notes on captured documents or
photos with their fingers and instantly share with colleagues as an
attachment or URL.
- Live Zooming enables users to zoom in up to five times while
watching video to see small details normally hidden on the screen.
- Photographs can be intensified with camera capabilities like Time
Catch Shot, which empowers the user to choose the best photo among
various shots taken before the shutter button is pressed.
- Dual Screen Dual Play not only allows mirroring between the
smartphone and a TV or monitor, it also has the ability to display
different content on each screen.
- Creativity is also put to the test by the Icon Personalizer, which
allows consumers to customize the sizes and images of their
Other important features include:
- 13 MP or 8 MP rear-facing camera with Time Catch Shot, "cheese
shutter" and Smart Shutter and Low Light Shot Noise Reduction
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHZ Quad-Core Krait
CPUs and LTE
- 32 GB of memory or 16 GB of on-board memory and microSD slot
pre-loaded with a 16GB SD card that can accommodate up to 64GB of
- 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus Display (1280 x 768 pixels)
- Display technologies including Zerogap Touch
- 2,100mAh battery
- Bluetooth Version 4.0
- 1.3 MP front-facing camera
- Capable of 2G/3G/ 4G LTE networks
- Crystal Reflection glass finish
- DualScreen Dual Play feature that wirelessly displays different
content on both a TV and the smartphone
- Screen Zooming allows zooming in and out of lists in music
player, email, text messages and the photo gallery.