Kingston Digital today announced the HyperX MAX 3.0 External USB 3.0 Drive.
Kingston's HyperX MAX 3.0 has a read speed of up to 195MB/sec., and a write speed of up to 160MB/sec., when paired with a USB 3.0 compatible device. It is also fully compatible with USB 2.0 devices, as the speed defaults back to USB 2.0 capability. According to Kingston internal testing, a 10GB movie file was transferred in only 1 minute, 12 seconds to the HyperX MAX 3.0 from a USB 3.0 system. The transfer time increased to 5 minutes, 52 seconds using a USB 2.0 port with the same test bed.
"The HyperX MAX 3.0 External USB 3.0 Drive follows the tradition of Kingston's HyperX enthusiast DRAM family providing users with premium quality and extreme performance," said Andrew Ewing, USB product manager, Kingston. "In addition to portability and speed, users will be pleased with the durability of this drive. Its Flash memory-based architecture is designed for the rigors of mobile use."
HyperX MAX 3.0 is available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities and is sold through Kingston's authorized channel of distributors, resellers, e-tailers and retailers. It comes with a three-year warranty and is backed by Kingston's 24/7 service and support.
Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 Features and Specifications:
* Performance - USB-IF SuperSpeed-Certified
* Standardized - complies with USB 3.0 specification standards, compatible with USB 2.0
* Sequential Speed - Read - up to 195MB/sec., Write ? up to 160MB/sec
* Shock-resistant - built with Flash components so no moving parts
* Portable - Aluminum design is sleek, stylish and rugged
* Silent - runs silently with no moving parts
* Easy - plug & play with no driver required; utilizes USB bus power with no additional bus power required
* Guaranteed - three-year warranty
* Capacities - 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
* Dimensions - 2.89" x 4.67" x 0.47" (73.49mm x 118.60mm x 12.00mm)
* Vibration Operating ? 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (20min/Axis) x 3 Axis
* Vibration Non-operating ? 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (12 Cycle/Axis) x 3 Axis, x 20min.
* Operating Shock - 1500G
* Operating Temperature - 0° to 60°C / 32° to 140°F
* Storage Temperature - -20° to 85°C / -4° to 185°F
* Power Consumption - 4.5W
* Dual LED - blue for USB 3.0, green for USB 2.0