DVD Forum unveiled the new logo for the Chinese version of the HD DVD format today, as it was decided in the organization's 40th Steering Committee meeting.
Highlights of the meeting include the introduction of the new logo for the devices/media that will conform with the CH-DVD (China High Definition DVD), the Chinese High-def DVD format based on the HD DVD standard.
The organization also approved the agreement between the DVD Forum and Optical Memory National Engineering Research Center (OMNERC), the Chinese research institute responsible for the China High Definition DVD. Other decisions include establishment of the License Enforcement Committee that will control the licensing issues related to the China HD DVD Format.
The list of the approvals also include the following:
- DVD Specifications for High Density Read-Only Disc [HD DVD-ROM (51G)] Part 1 Physical Specifications, Version 2.0
This is the Version 2.0 of the physical specifications for the HD DVD-ROM Triple layer 51GB
. This is a HD DVD-ROM disc with three layers. Each layer can store up to 17GB of data/video, resulting in a total capacity of 51GB.
- HD DVD-VR Recorder for HD DVD-RW Test Specification, Version 1.0 and
HD DVD-VR Recorder for DVD-R/RW/RAM Test Specification, Version 1.0
- Class-A Verification Lab of DaTARIUS (EU project)
- VPC membership of DaTARIUS
The last ones refers to the DaTARIUS' verification lab for the HD DVD format, currently operating in Austria.
DaTARIUS is also officially member of the Verification Policy Committee ("VPC"), according to the DVD Forum. VPC has a supervising role in the verification procedures and reports its activities to the Steering Committee.
- The Merger of WG-1 and WG-4 (WG-1 is the surviving group)
- The Establishment of WG-12 to study network application related issues
- The Provisional Chair-companies of WG-12 nominated by TCG