Sony released Version 1.92 firmware update for the Playstation 3 gaming system.
- Customizing wallpaper (Theme Settings)
You can now display an image as the background of XMB (XrossMediaBar).
- Using emoticons
You can now use emoticons when creating messages under [Friends].
- Entering text in the Internet browser
You can now enter text directly into text entry fields of Web pages using a USB keyboard. > See details
- Upsampling audio CD output
Upsampled output of audio CDs is now supported.
Other new or revised features in version 1.92 (with 1.90):
- [44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz] has been added as an option in [Audio CD Output Frequency] under [Music Settings].
- [Type 2] has been added as an option in [Bitmapping] under [Music Settings].
- [On] has been added as an option in [BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] under [BD/DVD Settings].
- The [Image Quality Adjustment] option in the control panel has been changed to [AV Settings].
- You can now play AVCHD-format video files that are saved on Memory Stick media or on the hard disk of a video camera.
- You can now operate the (Slow (Back)) and (Frame Reverse) functions when playing video files saved on storage media or on the hard disk.
- New for 1.92: Playability status with the PS3 system has changed for some PlayStation2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles (coming soon).
- You can now adjust screen display settings while playing PlayStation and PlayStation2 format software.
- You can now sort games that are saved on the hard disk.
- [Add to Bookmarks] has been added as an option in the [File] menu of the Internet browser.
- When an avatar is displayed during a voice / video chat, the avatar now moves in response to audio.
- [Eject Disc] has been added in the options menu for discs.
- You can now select [Group Content] when changing a file or folder icon.
For additional information and downloads, visit