Functioning as Blu-ray Disc Rewriter and HD DVD-ROM drive, the new GGW-H10N is a "Super Multi Blue" Blu-ray Disc Rewriter and HD DVD-ROM Drive.
LG is expected to surprise the visitors of the 2007 International CES (Booth #8214, Central Hall, Las Vegas Convention Center), with the new GGW-H10N. The drive is compatible with both Blu-ray Discs and HD-DVD formats. The Super Multi Blue drive is compatible with Blu-ray Disc, DVD, CD read/write and HD-DVD-ROM (read).
The GGW-H10N can record up to 50GB of data, equivalent to 4-1/2 hours of high-definition video or 22 hours or standard definition video (on a dual layer 50GB BD-R/BD-RE recordable media).
Surpassing the market standard, LG is providing a 4x recording speed of Blu-ray Discs, which means that it takes only 23-24 minutes to burn a full single layer BD-R disc (25GB), compared with 46-47 minutes for conventional 2x recording.
The product will be released during the first quarter of 2007, priced under US $1,200. The core technologies of Super Multi Blue Drive are Optical Pickup technology, which supports Blu-ray disc write/playback, HD DVD playback and DVD/CD write/playback, as well as the system controlling the Optical Pickup securely and effectively.
The LG-developed Optical Pickup is the world?s first device supporting both Blu-ray disc write/playback, HD DVD playback, which proves the company?s unsurpassed technology in the optical storage field.
Super Multi Blue, also available from LG in the first dual-format high-definition disc player
(model BH-100) available in early 2007, is expected to end customers? confusion caused by the format war between Blu-ray disc and HD DVD and promote the growth of next-generation DVD market.
A NEW LEVEL OF SECURITY
Using SecurDisc technology co-developed with Nero, LG new Super Multi DVD Rewriter with Security Function enables secure data protection and content access control when writing data on CD and DVD formats. While some optical disc drives support password encryption as the only security function, LG new drive with Security Function offers multiple features to protect a disc at the user and storage level:
- Password Encryption - Protects user data against unauthorized access through password protection
- Disc Creator Authentication - A digital signature is applied to all data to allow recipients to verify data authenticity
- Integrity Checker - Detects altered data through checksums to verify data integrity and readability
- Data Insurance - Increases data reliability through redundantly stored data
ADDITIONAL INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PRODUCTS
Other LG external and internal optical disc drives showcased at CES 2007 include:
- GSA-H42N - This internal drive has a writing speed of 18x DVD+R and DVD-R
- GSA-H42L - This internal drive has a writing speed of 18x DVD+R and DVD-R. Further the unit is incorporates LightScribe, direct disc labeling technology
- GSA-H30N - The Internal Super Multi features Serial ATA interface
- GSA-E30N - This external drive has a writing speed of 18x DVD+R and DVD-R
- GSA-E30L - This external drive has 18x DVD+R and DVD-R write speeds, one of the highest speeds on the market. Further the unit is incorporates LightScribe, direct disc labeling technology
- GSA-E50L - This slim portable external drive integrates USB BUS Power, with an AC adapter for high speed. The unit has up to 8x DVD+R and DVD-R write speeds in addition to 8.5GB double layer recording
- GSA-T10N - The internal Slim Super Multi features a writing speed of 8x DVD+R and DVD-R
- GSA-U10N - The internal Slim Super Multi - Ultra Slim drive features a writing speed of 8x DVD+R and DVD-R