ASUS introduced two new models to its PM17 LCD monitor series, the PM17TU and PM17TE, which incorporated response time acceleration and image enhancement technologies.
The response time of the PM17TU reaches 3ms through the ASUS Trace Free Technology. The technology implemented the anti-double-edge overdriving method with noise reduction circuits to reduce response time in all gray-to-gray levels.
In addition, Splendid technology evaluates each pixel in every frame and adjusts them in smaller regions without affecting the whole picture. Colors, brightness, contrast and sharpness in each region are dynamically optimized according to conditions most favorable to the human eye. It offers five modes (Standard, Scenery, Gaming, Night View and Theater) and three skin tones (Natural, Reddish and Yellowish) to satisfy the specific needs in different graphics applications.
Color Shine is a glare-type panel technology that provides visual quality with enhanced color density by utilizing multiple coating color film. Asus claims that the Crystal Shine technology further improves panel brightness to 500nits.
ASUS offers a 3-year warranty for its panels and also a zero-pixel warranty. This means that even if one bright dot is found, users can exchange for a new panel within one year of purchase.
- 500nits brightness (max.), 600:1 color contrast (max.) and 3ms average response time
- Two built-in 2.5W stereo speakers
- Support both DVI and D-SUB output signal
- Function key enables fast image optimization
- Onscreen Display (OSD) menus enable easy adjustment of brightness level and switching between signal standards
- 25 ° (forward 5 ° , backwards 20 ° ) tilting angles
- VESA75 wall mount kit and removable base
- KINGSTONE security lock
- DVI cable
- 3-year system and panel warranty