CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

I need a "quality" explanation   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 643 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> I need a "quality" explanation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I need a "quality" explanation - 11/11/2004 4:43:58 AM   
elliusiei

Hi all, my name is Luca, from Italy.
I have a question for you
Here is my first DVD (it's a video DVD) with my totally new NEC-3500 (a real masterpiece!!!).
RitekG04 DVD-R.

I went to a friend of mine who owns a LiteOn to do a KProbe test:

Now, I am REALLY satisfied of this result, but if I hadn't a DVD-RW able to read PIF and PI, how can I understand using Nero DVD speed if my DVD has a good quality?
How can I "read" the first image?
Do I need other tools?
The time I will decide not to use Ritek G04 and to use the "foobrand" DVD, how will I be able to diagnose the quality of this new brand?

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: I need a "quality" explanation - 11/11/2004 4:48:25 AM   
elliusiei

Sorry, I posted my first post in the wrong place
An admin can move it to All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> DVD±R/RW Drives ?
TIA and sorry again.

elliusiei

(in reply to elliusiei)
Post #: 2
RE: I need a "quality" explanation - 11/11/2004 9:04:16 AM   
Iggy

Welcome to CDRinfo's Forum! Don't worry for the post.

You can read the media in CDSpeed, as higher as possible. If the graph is smooth you'll know that it is about a good burn.

(in reply to elliusiei)
Post #: 3
RE: I need a "quality" explanation - 11/12/2004 1:19:12 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Personally, I think that the CDSpeed test is of much more value to you then the K-Probe test was. The CDSpeed test has shown you 2 things:

#1: That the disc can be read from start to finish, even at a high speed (On *YOUR* drive)
#2: Your drive has a bit of a problem with one section of the disc at high speed, but this is non-fatal, and overall reading speed stays constant.

Now, you did learn a little from the K-Probe scan, but I don't think it does you any good.

#1: Your friend's LiteON LDW-411s see the disc as not having any significant problems

Unfortunatly, since that is your friend's drive, and not your own, you should be a LOT more concerned with how your drive reads the disc... unless you only use your burned DVDRs at your friend's place . I have seen situations where a LiteON drive (specifically a LiteON 832s) was able to read a disc, and gave test scan about as good as yours.... but in the PX-712a and BenQ DW1620 it was completely horrible... in fact, the PX-712a couldn't even begin to do a transfer rate test, because it errored out before it could even start! The LiteON 832s however can read the disc from start to finish at speeds of up to 8x with no dips or glitches.... but this doesn't help a person if all they have is a BenQ DW1620 or PX-712a

Just something to think about

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 4
RE: I need a "quality" explanation - 11/12/2004 1:27:01 PM   
Iggy

The only way to use the Kprobe, is for compare this disc to another, using the same LiteOn 411 off course.

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> I need a "quality" explanation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI