CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Kodak Easyshare   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1258 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> Digital Cameras >> Kodak Easyshare Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kodak Easyshare - 4/17/2005 3:23:02 PM   
Matthew

Has anyone tried (and failed) to load this on a XP Home system with the Wndows Installer 3.1 update applied?

Alternatively, have you tried and succeeded?

Get Easyshare

< Message edited by Matthew -- 4/17/2005 3:24:24 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Kodak Easyshare - 4/19/2005 9:58:31 AM   
Matthew

Got a reply from Kodak

Easyshare 4.02 is INCOMPATIBLE with Windows Installer 3.1 - tricode error 1931x17x2951053040x returned when installition is nearly finished (yes, you just wasted all that time downloading!)

They describe a solution, by removing the update and reapplying after installing Easyshare, but I see the Easyshare download is "temporarily unavailable" - well, they've got to make one that works with the Windows Update that everyone following normal update procedure will have - since it's a "pushed" update.

How many more programs have MS broken with this?

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 2
RE: Kodak Easyshare - 4/21/2005 9:42:18 AM   
Matthew

An update that works around the issue is now available.

If you tried recently though, be sure to CLEAR YOUR CACHE in IE (I used that and "offline content") - after failing before, probably due to an old file remaining in the cache and being scavenged from there.

Your ISP proxy may also be holding an old file, give it a bit longer to unsure it washes through.

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> Digital Cameras >> Kodak Easyshare Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI