CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Nero Express bundled doesn't support .wav? help?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 563 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero Express bundled doesn't support .wav? help? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nero Express bundled doesn't support .wav? help? - 8/30/2003 4:50:33 PM   
kewlbreeze

quote:
Originally posted by CCampbellI suspect the format you are using when converting from .SHN to .WAV is your issue.

Regards,

Craig

I am using the mkw Audio Compression Tool (more info found here http://www.etree.org/mkw.html) to convert the .shn to .wav. It is the exact same program I have used hundreds of times to do this process. I have not changed the settings at all. I have in the past used Nero demo software that had absolutely no problem with the .wav files it converted. I can use the demo now successfully with these exact same files. It only doesn't work with the Nero Express only bundled software. As mentioned before, .wav extensions aren't even listed in the drop down on the program when I haven't upgraded to a full version of Nero. Why would that be? If this is simply a bad .wav file I am creating, why should that effect the default listings of supported files by the program? Could someone please give me a theory that explains this?

quote:
Originally posted by MP3MogulCraig,

We know, we have been trying to tell him for QUITE some time, and deleted about 200 posts! LOL.. anyway, there is no problem with Ahead's software.. I'm thinking it's on the INSTALLER's end.

You've deleted 200 posts? Were these directed to my topic and I never saw them. I know you are a moderator, so please explain. I'm sorry you believe me to be some idiot, but so far I've tried everything you all have suggested with no luck. It's not like I'm coming here for help and then not listening to it, it's just not working.

(in reply to kewlbreeze)
Post #: 17
RE: Nero Express bundled doesn't support .wav? help? - 8/30/2003 5:04:20 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I don't think that MP3Mogul is refering to just your posts we have had quite a few Users Knocking Ahead and there is no need to Knock them when they are on here trying to sort Peoples Problems out and 9 out of 10 Problems are not Aheads problems they are due to Installations and the Users themselves or their Faulty Equipment !!!
There is an old saying " That most problems with Computers are between the Brain and the Keyboard !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to kewlbreeze)
Post #: 18
RE: Nero Express bundled doesn't support .wav? help? - 8/30/2003 5:29:25 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yes, just as Laffin said, I was not referring to a SPECIFIC user!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to kewlbreeze)
Post #: 19
RE: Nero Express bundled doesn't support .wav? help? - 8/30/2003 6:20:52 PM   
kewlbreeze

As anyone can tell, I am new to the board. I did not come here to rip on Ahead, only to try to get to the bottom of a problem I'm having. I'm sorry if others have come here soley with the purpose of bitching about a company they dislike, and that has caused board regulars and moderators to feel they need to defend that companys product. As you can see from my previous post, if by an extremely longshot I am correct on this being a limited version of Nero, I lay the blame squarely on Liteon who sold me the package, not Ahead.
quote:
Originally posted by kewlbreeze

Honestly, after buying a new drive which I was excited about being bundled with Nero, to be misled, by Liteon I'm sure,...

Laffin Assassin, I work in telecom and my boss often makes a similar comment to what you mentioned. The acronym is PEBCAC, Problem Exists Between Computer And Chair.

MP3Mogul, I'm wondering why you feel the need to yell at me...
quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul
Yes, just as Laffin said, I was not referring to a SPECIFIC user!

As a moderator, you above all people know I'm new. You said "We know, we have been trying to tell him for QUITE some time, and deleted about 200 posts!". How was I supposed to determine the 200 posts you deleted were not on my subject from that sentence? I am simply asking for help, and have no ulterior motives, so I don't get the hostility or at least lack of a little patience.

(in reply to kewlbreeze)
Post #: 20
RE: Nero Express bundled doesn't support .wav? help? - 8/30/2003 10:04:35 PM   
MP3Mogul

Actually I did not yell at you, but I have since tested a "bundled" Nero express on a liteon drive, and it burned wave files with no problems.

Did you do as craig stated? Did you rip a wave file with the nero express or any other program, eac, musicmatch, etc and then attempt to burn it with express?

As for posts being deleted, Moderators and admins on every board does this routinely all the time, some posts, are due to illegal posting, advertising, etc. I was stating that approximately 200 posts had been deleted about Nero, not anything to do with the subject at hand.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to kewlbreeze)
Post #: 21
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero Express bundled doesn't support .wav? help? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI