CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 784 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> Mobile Devices >> Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way - 1/1/2006 7:29:08 PM   
sketchman

Hello; I just purchased a F10 gigabeat and the first day was fine until I tried to format the mp-3's I installed, needless to say I messed up and found myself  with a drive that would only boot if the USB was connected directly to the F10.
My F10 had an error msg No System on H.D.D, so I went on the net in search for any info I could possibly find to help restore the F10.
I did find the necessary links to help, however, I downloaded the files into the F10.
The F10 is not recognized by the CPU & when I boot the F10 it only boots to 50% then flashes then locks up.
I did find a possible solution however, it requires taking the F10 apart and even though I have worked on Computers for many years, I don't want to Void my warranty.
I have read the both manuals & followed thier steps, now I am taking it to the net.
any and all suggestions welcome and apreciated.
David
Post #: 1
RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way - 1/2/2006 5:53:37 AM   
Antonio

I hope someone with an F10 to have experience on this...otherwise you'll probably have to contact Toshiba.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to sketchman)
Post #: 2
RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way - 1/5/2006 3:58:21 AM   
emperor

why you don't email toshiba or ask around?

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way - 2/14/2006 7:04:27 AM   
evorgevol

iv bin havin the same problems, has anyone come up with a solution to the problem?

(in reply to sketchman)
Post #: 4
RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way - 3/31/2006 7:39:59 AM   
gr8sage

I've also got the same problem, ****ty thing it is.

(in reply to sketchman)
Post #: 5
RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way - 10/4/2006 10:59:41 AM   
mastermoder

i was just having the same problem but i think it was b/c the gbsystem folder i got off the web was bad. a wile a go i poster in google groops were i upgraded the harddrive in my gigabeat f10 i went from a 10 to a 20 gig. so once i started getting the problem after i formatted and put the system folder on the drive i rebooted it and loaded half way then flashed and locked up i swapped the drive back to the old 10 gig and put the same system folder on it  and rebooted same thing happened and i could not get it to show up under my copmputer what i did to fix it was i took it apart and took the harddrive out and booted it back up with the usb cord pluged in to the pc.then hot pluged in the harddrive it then came up in xp i formatted it and placed the right system folder on it and agean rebooted and it came back up and worked fine i would not recomend hot pluging the harddrive but at this point it was that or the trash. but it worked hope this helps

(in reply to gr8sage)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> Mobile Devices >> Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI