Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> Mobile Devices

sketchman -> Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way (1/1/2006 7:29:08 PM)

Hello; I just purchased a F10 gigabeat and the first day was fine until I tried to format the mp-3's I installed, needless to say I messed up and found myself  with a drive that would only boot if the USB was connected directly to the F10.
My F10 had an error msg No System on H.D.D, so I went on the net in search for any info I could possibly find to help restore the F10.
I did find the necessary links to help, however, I downloaded the files into the F10.
The F10 is not recognized by the CPU & when I boot the F10 it only boots to 50% then flashes then locks up.
I did find a possible solution however, it requires taking the F10 apart and even though I have worked on Computers for many years, I don't want to Void my warranty.
I have read the both manuals & followed thier steps, now I am taking it to the net.
any and all suggestions welcome and apreciated.
David

Antonio -> RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way (1/2/2006 5:53:37 AM)

I hope someone with an F10 to have experience on this...otherwise you'll probably have to contact Toshiba.

emperor -> RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way (1/5/2006 3:58:21 AM)

why you don't email toshiba or ask around?

evorgevol -> RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way (2/14/2006 7:04:27 AM)

iv bin havin the same problems, has anyone come up with a solution to the problem?

gr8sage -> RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way (3/31/2006 7:39:59 AM)

I've also got the same problem, ****ty thing it is.

mastermoder -> RE: Toshiba Gigabeat F10 does not load all the way (10/4/2006 10:59:41 AM)

i was just having the same problem but i think it was b/c the gbsystem folder i got off the web was bad. a wile a go i poster in google groops were i upgraded the harddrive in my gigabeat f10 i went from a 10 to a 20 gig. so once i started getting the problem after i formatted and put the system folder on the drive i rebooted it and loaded half way then flashed and locked up i swapped the drive back to the old 10 gig and put the same system folder on it  and rebooted same thing happened and i could not get it to show up under my copmputer what i did to fix it was i took it apart and took the harddrive out and booted it back up with the usb cord pluged in to the pc.then hot pluged in the harddrive it then came up in xp i formatted it and placed the right system folder on it and agean rebooted and it came back up and worked fine i would not recomend hot pluging the harddrive but at this point it was that or the trash. but it worked hope this helps

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI