CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Recording Radio Program - Anyway to Speed Up?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1346 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Recording Radio Program - Anyway to Speed Up? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recording Radio Program - Anyway to Speed Up? - 2/2/2005 6:16:39 AM   
SteveF22

Every week my boss’s radio show comes on for one hr. Every week I start the cassette recorder and begin recording onto cassette tape. My other duty is to place this show after removing the commercials onto a webserver for my boss to listen to in Real Media (.rm) format. As you can imagine this is a lengthy process as I must; record radio program, play back the cassette tape into my PC, edit out commercials, convert to .rm, upload to server. How can I speed this up?! A 1hr show turns into a 3hr dilemma.

The reason for going to the Cassette tape fist is to avoid problems. I once tried to record direct to my PC via line in, however my PC froze during recording and I lost the show.

Any AudioPhiles out there who know of a portable Radio Tuner/MP3 player that can record directly to .mp3 or .wav format? I would love to just stick in my recording device via USB and drag and drop the radio show onto the hard drive for editing?
Thanks,
Steve
Post #: 1
RE: Recording Radio Program - Anyway to Speed Up? - 2/2/2005 5:10:03 PM   
Matthew

A few of the portable Memory players with tuners are able to record.

A first step, I would suggest splitting the audio, and recording direct to PC, with the cassette as a backup.

What do you edit with, if this boss is too stingy to get decent software, as well as involving you in what is probably copyright infringement, the "Exact Audio Copy" is essential - the "process WAVE" function is not a bad hack-editor ... I've got used to sighting gaps and applause with it.

(in reply to SteveF22)
Post #: 2
RE: Recording Radio Program - Anyway to Speed Up? - 2/2/2005 5:56:17 PM   
emperor

I think most MP3 players can record digital to MP3/WAV but not with so great quality...

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 3
RE: Recording Radio Program - Anyway to Speed Up? - 4/4/2005 8:01:54 PM   
oldcountry

I record FM radio regularly. Currently I use Hi8 video tape to record in PCM audio. The great thing about using video tape, even VHS, is it has very good audio, it runs for two hours, and you can program the VCR to start automatically. I then record the wanted sections to the computer using WaveLab which is very easy to use as an editor. With file size and drive space large enough you can also record directly to the hard drive using WaveLab or any other editor.

I have also recorded directly to the hard drive using MusicMatch Jukebox. With this you can record in WAV or MP3. It also has a nice featur that creates a new file when it detects a pause in the audio. This feature is adjustable as to sensitivity. The seperate files makes it a bit easier to sort out the unwnated audio.

I hope some if this is usefull.

Gordy
"oldcountry"

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Recording Radio Program - Anyway to Speed Up? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI