CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Why isn't DVDInfoPro showing DVD+R DL read support for PX712A?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1764 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> RE: Why isn't DVDInfoPro showing DVD+R DL read support for PX712A? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Why isn't DVDInfoPro showing DVD+R DL read support ... - 8/18/2004 5:24:45 PM   
londonerOK

Then discovered Nero wouldn't recognize blank media in the drive, neither CD nor DVD, so I moved the drive to another PC and it has worked fine so far:
Now DVDinfo has picked up the serial number, maybe that's a good signal - no serial number may mean a hardware problem. The internal interface being UNSPECIFIED should have given it away I suppose - I didn't really assimilate what I scanned when looking at the report.
The mainboard it doesn't work in is an ASUS A7V600-X. It's only got Serial ATA drives in it, no IDE - the burner is primary. I'm wondering how to fix the problem, as I want to use the burner with this motherboard - don't know if it's a drive or mobo issue, nor what to do to establish which.
C.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to S33K3R)
Post #: 17
RE: Why isn't DVDInfoPro showing DVD+R DL read support ... - 8/18/2004 5:39:59 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Your ASUS A7V600-X has 2 x UltraDMA 133/100 IDE Ports so have you got them turned on in the Bios ???
Look Here for more info on your Motherboard and the latest drivers !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to londonerOK)
Post #: 18
RE: Why isn't DVDInfoPro showing DVD+R DL read support ... - 8/18/2004 6:12:53 PM   
nicw

It looks to me that his problem is not fixed. The feature set for that drive is being shown incorrectly on both programs, thought the last screenshot is looking correct. You have some hardware conflict on your computer or some type of corruption it would seem, preventing the system from getting complete valid data from the drive.

< Message edited by nicw -- 8/18/2004 6:14:12 PM >

Cheers
NicW

Rudyard Kipling wrote:
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you....If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools

(in reply to S33K3R)
Post #: 19
RE: Why isn't DVDInfoPro showing DVD+R DL read support ... - 8/21/2004 9:03:19 AM   
londonerOK

>>have you got them turned on in the Bios ???
You bet! Turning off the chips would render any IDE device invisible, unless DVDinfo has super Olympic track-jumping powers...

(in reply to Laffin Assassin)
Post #: 20
RE: Why isn't DVDInfoPro showing DVD+R DL read support ... - 8/21/2004 9:16:48 AM   
londonerOK

quote:

You have some hardware conflict on your computer or some type of corruption it would seem, preventing the system from getting complete valid data from the drive.

That's why I posted here - a thankyou to the author of DVDinfo in case she/he can improve the prog using my experience. For instance, if DVDinfo reports the interface as UNSPECIFIED, maybe that ought to be in red, so it glares at us mere muggles - what else could it possibly mean?

Also, how come parts of DVDinfo are correct and parts wrong? Is the drive returning corrupt info in this mobo, and if so, are the corrupted parts the result of a distinct operation by the prog? If there was an extra integrity test DVDinfo could make to cover this type of event, that'd be great.

I vaguely suspect it's a problem in the VIA chipset. I've seen one or two issues with SATA only configs before - seems as if mobo architecture doesn't want to let go of IDE hard drives...

Still don't know what to do. Gotta figure it's the mobo as the drive works elsewhere. Need a means to diagnose...
C.

(in reply to nicw)
Post #: 21
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> RE: Why isn't DVDInfoPro showing DVD+R DL read support for PX712A? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI