CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 706 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 11/11/2002 3:31:04 AM   
rclayton17

can anyone tell me that it WONT work with my burner? if not i will try burning the iso.. thx for any help

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 17
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 11/11/2002 6:06:13 AM   
SloBurn

I used the clonyXXL and clonecd method, but clony doesn't pick up any copy protection. Also I managed to get an image file that read perfectly using alcohol 120% but when burned to a cd ****s up again. Maybe burning at 1x might work.

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 18
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 11/11/2002 9:24:24 PM   
rclayton17

Just curious... when you say clony doesn't pick up any copy protection.. what method are you using?

This is what im doing:
The game is already installed
I start up clony and it starts scanning and asks me to start the program or whatever... and i do so.
Then it says safedisc new or securom new, i forget :P

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 19
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 11/11/2002 11:13:06 PM   
SloBurn

Yep that's exactly what I do. I even set clony's scan options to quite a rigorous scan. Start clony, choose scan and then it says "start the program" so I start Warcraft, then quit from the options screen once it's loaded and go back out and it reckons it can't find any protection.

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 20
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 11/12/2002 12:38:54 AM   
rclayton17

dont remember if it's in this thread, but i guess i could try doing a nero copy... i heard that works (i haven't tried clonecd yet :P)

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 21
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 11/17/2002 3:03:17 PM   
belveder

If you are using Clone CD, make sure you select "Game CD", but edit the default settings by right -clicking on "Game CD" and choosing edit. Make sure "Regenerate Data Sectors" is unchecked, and also make sure "Fast Error Skips" is off.
When you write, make sure "Don't Repair Subchannel Data" is checked. It should work, at least if your CD drive is capable of the highest level of reproduction (DAO-96, I think it is). It works for me

Have a nice day

Steve Õ¿Õ

"We Do Not Inherit the earth from our ancestors,
We Borrow It from our children"

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 22
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 11/18/2002 4:45:28 AM   
SkitzoFrn

I just made a working copy of wc3 using the method post on here earlier. I used CloneCD to create the image of the CD then Alcohol 120% to burn the image. This method was straight forward and easy, I also burned at 4x.

Thanks to whomever posted this method.

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 23
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 12/24/2002 12:26:25 AM   
BobEMan

I made an ISO using D-Dump, and burned it with Nero. The CD works as long as it isn't in a CDR drive, to work around that you can use CD-Clone (using a region thats not US or Japan) and hide CDR Media. The ISO also works if you mount it with CD CLone or Deamon tools.

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 24
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 12/28/2002 6:19:09 PM   
SRX

Hey, im new here and dont understand how to do this well.. i have a LG 52x max cd drive and my burner is a Samsung 40x12x40, i dont understand what subchannel reading and writing..i cant get a backup cd to work, could someone explain this to a dummy? :P it would be much appreciated thanks :)

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 25
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 12/29/2002 7:47:18 AM   
Tron

What model number is your burner?

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 26
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 12/29/2002 10:48:25 AM   
tvtalk

It work for me too
In reading some of the post above, I used a trial vers. of clone cd to create the image then I used alcohol 120% to burn the image to cd,
Here are the steps I used from reading the above post.
Using Clone CD, make sure you select "Game CD", but edit the default settings by right -clicking on "Game CD" and choosing edit. Make sure "Regenerate Data Sectors" is unchecked, and also make sure "Fast Error Skips" is off. Click browse to select the folder where you want the image to be stored then click ok to create the image and then close clone cd when done, then open alcohol 120% and click image burning wizard and browse to the folder were you have stored the image, hit next and under datatype select "securom *new" and write speed select 4x leave everything else alone and hit start,close when burn complete,good luck.This is what worked for me and thanks to the above members post above, i used there input and now have a working copy of warcraft 3.

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 27
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 1/28/2003 8:01:03 AM   
SpearmintRhino

I have semi-succesfully created a back-up of Warcraft 3 using Nero 5.5.9.17, i say semi because i think the underlying problem here is the age of the drives in question. I have an LG GCE-8240B 24x10x40 (less than a year old) and a Pioneer DVD-113 DVD drive (about 3 years old), the back-up works fine in the dvd drive but not in the CDR. i have tested the back-up in my other PC's DVD drive (LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B) and CDR drive (SONY CD-RW CRX185E1), both less than a year old, and it fails to read in both.
As a side note...
Neverwinter Nights is supposed to use the same copy protection system, but the back-up of my NWN back-up works in both my main DVD and CDR drives, but in neither of my other PC's drives. my War 3 is on a generic CDR and my NWN is on Benq 1x-32x, i will try backing War 3 onto a Benq and let you know what happens.

Reading this signature has wasted 4 seconds of your life

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 28
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 2/3/2003 12:05:31 AM   
Blues96

Well, my coaster collection is growing fast. I tried copying with ClondCD and burning with Alcohol 120, closely following directions, and still no luck. Warcraft 3 is smarter than I am.

Blues96[V]

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 29
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 2/8/2003 3:37:02 PM   
seasalt

I just wanted to thank u guys for that tip about the old cd drive. My Sims Deluxe coaster made with clonecd and clony wouldn't play in my liteon 52x24x52, but after reading this topic I put it in the old 4x cd drive, and it's not a coaster any more! It works.......thank you..

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 30
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 4/9/2003 3:16:58 PM   
birdfoot

well, i've tried with nero and managed to get a copy that can install/auto-detect but doesnt get recognised as a legit copy... this i've accomplished with the default cd-copy settings that came with nero... i've tried other methods that the others hav suggested but they all left me with coasters...

anywayz, here's me specs:
Athlon 900Mhz
Creative 8x4x32 CD-Writer
Nero 5.5.8.2

anyone of ya got any idea what's happening?? :)

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 31
RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? - 7/3/2003 7:52:05 AM   
tripplesixty

If you cant get it to work check here and read my way of doing it!!!

http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10606

When the burning gets tough, the LiteOn gets going !!!!! (Thanks Albinoni thats a good one)

(in reply to Samurai_49)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: How to Burn a Working copy of Warcraft 3? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI