CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NeverWinter Nights   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 722 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: NeverWinter Nights Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/4/2002 7:13:27 PM   
firefly75

Just read this on cdfreaks forum

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=2e5a2c68fa9da1bdc2ec8b82318219d3&threadid=48412

it seems that there is a problem with LITEON drives and SecuROM *new when copied with cloneCD which will hopefully get fixed in the new versions of CloneCD

Have you guys tried backing it up with Fantom CD and see if that works

Edited by - Clint on 08/06/2002 06:12:36

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 33
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/4/2002 8:50:44 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi firefly75
You Say "Have you guys tried backing it up with Fantom CD and see if that works"
Well I haven't as I have no need to as I have got a good copy with my TDK 401248b which is a Lite-on and the problem seems to be with certain Lite-on 24x models. So I don't think it can be a bug with all of them as Tron has copied it on his Lite-on 24x and that is why he is asking dt05928 what firmware he is using to see if we can pin it down to a firmware version problem !

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 34
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/4/2002 11:44:18 PM   
dt05928

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. It is a holiday here in the states and we have been out celebrating. I am using firmware 5S.5A. I am both reading and writing with the Lite-on drive. I hope this information helps.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 35
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/9/2002 12:55:14 PM   
dt05928

I was finally able to copy NWN and Warcraft III. I have an old Burner 7083A, "no name brand", that I can find which, I hooked up to one of my old machines. That burner created the image file and then I had the Lite-on 241040, burn the disk. It worked like a charm. Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 36
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/10/2002 12:55:45 AM   
Tron

Glad you got it sorted out and got the things backed up, but I sure wish I knew what the problem was with that liteon drive. I have that drive and like I said, I have been able to do those games with no problems. I wonder if there is a problem with your drive... How old is it? Just seems strange.....

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 37
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/10/2002 9:19:27 PM   
dt05928

Tron, I purchased the drive about six months ago from Newegg.com. The drive seems to burn everything else ok. Your guess is as good as mine is, as to what the problem might be. I have had some people tell me that the copy protection people might be targeting Lite-On drives and this new version of Securom is an example.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 38
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/10/2002 9:32:54 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi dt05928
You Say " I have had some people tell me that the copy protection people might be targeting Lite-On drives and this new version of Securom is an example. "

This can't be true surely as Sony (The makers of Securom ) would have not started to sell re-badged Lite-on's with their name on them they would be cutting their own throats. As I suggested some time ago it looks like you have a Hardware problem if I were you I would return it and get a new one !!!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 39
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 4:41:59 AM   
Tron

I have to agree with Laffin Assassin, since I have the same drive that you have and can make as many working copies of this game as I want. It has to be a drive issue. I think it could be firmware issue too. you might want to upgrade or reflash the drive. But it is a hardware issue no doubt. No way would I just accept that it wont copy this game, because I KNOW IT WILL!

Edited by - Tron on 07/11/2002 04:42:59

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 40
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 3:02:38 PM   
dt05928

Tron and Laffin Assassin, I copied the below post from Cdfreaks.com. The author is Philamber and he seems to be very knowledgeable. I will be trying this out tonight to see if it works.

DT05928

WarcraftIII, Neverwinter Nights and Lite-on Ltr-24102B
Both Warcraft III and Neverwinter Nights CAN be backed up successfully with the Ltr-24102B as a stand alone reader/ writer.

(Thanks to kintaisnthappy and slayerking for putting me on the right track )

The problem with these cds is in making a perfect raw image with the 24102B. However, so long as read data subs AND regenerate data sectors are both checked, the back-up will work practically irrespective of any other settings used for reading or writing.

In fact, the standard game cd profiles will work so long as the read profile is modified so as to have regenerate data sectors checked.

For everyone having trouble backing up either of these games with other reader/writers, I suggest you try either by modifying the securerom profile (which you can download from the profiles sticky) by checking regenerate data sectors or by modifying the standard game cd profile in the same manner. So long as your reader is able to read data subs accurately, I believe you will probably be successful.

(Btw, apologies to our friend from the land of the long white cloud if you've already gone out and bought a new Ltd-163/5 to use as a reader. If you have, sorry, but it is both a great reader and a great dvd in its own right so I don't think you'll be sorry you bought it anyway

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 41
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 4:01:46 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey dt05928
I am glad you have found someone who seems to be very knowledgeable.
And reading your last post I find it very amusing that now after both Me and Tron told you a way to make a copy of your game (Which we both used and both of us made a working copy) you then post virtualy the same conclusion which another guy has posted on another forum and even without you trying it you say he seems very knowledgeable I have no doubt he probably is. The main difference between his solution and ours we did not use profiles we broke it down so even a novice could put our settings in and our solutions both worked for us but Alas not for you. So I have no doubt that you will come back in a week and tell us it worked for you!
By the way I do hope it does

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 42
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 4:35:30 PM   
dt05928

Laffin Assassin, I am new to burning CD's. Everybody is new at one time or another. I usually just clicked on the game profile and it works. You can probably go back to one of your post and find where you told me to do the exact same thing. If I did not read one of your posts, clearly enough I am sorry. I never meant to infer that either you or Tron are not knowledgeable about burning CD’s.

I have been posting on different web sites to try to figure out what I was doing wrong. Yes, I am a novice as you wrote, and I probably will be until I start experimenting more with the settings.

I do not even know if these settings will work, because it has not worked for others that have written on other forms. I put his post on this forum to share information. Again, I did not place it here to insult or belittle anyone. I am trying to learn. Thanks for your and Tron’s suggestions and advice.

DT05928

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 43
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 4:46:07 PM   
MP3Mogul

You will find, that if Laffin or Tron give you settings that worked for them, they will work. I have utilized them on numerous occasions to make backups of my game discs. I am the audio "maybe expert" but when it comes to games, I ask the pros mentioned above.

-Peace-

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 44
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 4:57:21 PM   
Tron

Ok everyone.... GROUP HUG! LOL..... I am glad you found a way to copy those discs... And yes, that article basicly tells you exactly what Laffin Assassin and I told you, but maybe you did not understand us. Let us know how you come out.....

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 45
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 7:49:45 PM   
dt05928

I tried again to both read and burn NWN with my Lite-On 24102B. I followed the instructions but failed to burn a usable copy. I tired running the game in my DVD player but the green light just stays on: when I try to start the game, I get the beginning splash screen then it disappears.

The good news though, "as I posted in an earlier thread", is that I still have a good working backup I made using an old no name CDR as a reader and the 24102b as a writer.

It would also be nice to know, what I am doing wrong or, why the 21102B will not both read and write NWN. Is it user error, software error, or hardware error?

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 46
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 8:59:00 PM   
Laffin Assassin

It has got to be down to faulty hardware or incompatible Media if you followed mine and Tron's instructions you should have a working copy I promise you !!!! We have both got working copies ! So for Gods sake return it and get it swapped and you should have no problems !!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 47
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 9:04:44 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Wait a minute I have just had another late thought !
Have you checked to see if there are any scratches or dirt or fingerprints on the original CD as Lite-on's sometimes have problems reading scratched or dirty CD's !!!

Laffin Assassin

Edited by - Laffin Assassin on 07/11/2002 21:05:49

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: NeverWinter Nights Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI