CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NeverWinter Nights   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 720 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> NeverWinter Nights Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NeverWinter Nights - 6/24/2002 7:22:22 PM   
rwalw

Anyone know what protection is on NeverWinter Nights? Having issues burning it (Lite-On 24102B & CloneCD 4).

Post #: 1
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 6/25/2002 10:29:17 AM   
netman

the liteon 24102b doesn't need aws. it does correct efm encoding native. it may be the settings in clone4. i don't like it and i'll stay with 3.0.4.1 till i have to upgrade.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 2
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 6/25/2002 10:58:37 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Netman
As I have said in another post I have come across some Lite-on 24x that would not correct efm encoding native, it could have been down to the firmware they had I don't know but they did work when you Enabled AWS but when you use this with most Writers it allows you to use the back-ups in any cd without the Hide CD Media Enabled and as you and I know Clony will do the settings in Clone CD in for him automaticaly.

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 3
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 6/25/2002 6:14:00 PM   
Tron

Hey Netman, you can turn off that option in the write section of CloneCD4. That is what I did and all is good.....

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 4
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 6/29/2002 1:20:14 PM   
dt05928

I am also having no luck making a back up of Neverwinter Nights. I have a Lite-on 24x10x40 using the latest firmware. I have been using the latest versions of Clone CD, Cloney XXL, and CD-Mate and have not been able to back up the play disk. Cloney XXL detects no copy protection on the disk. I have read that Securom is on the disk but Cloney XXL does not detect its presence. I have backed up many CD's but have so far been unsuccessful in backing up this disk. I have made seven coasters so far trying to backup this disk. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 5
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 6/29/2002 6:34:25 PM   
netman

if it is securom it requires reading full subchannel data from data and audio channels. fast error skip in not necessary.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 6
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 6/29/2002 9:57:14 PM   
dt05928

That is one of the ways I have tried to backup the disk. Unfortunately, it was not successful.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 7
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/1/2002 6:12:33 AM   
TheFallGuy

This game is SecuROM 4.76

regards,
TFG.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 8
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/1/2002 11:43:10 AM   
Fighter-1

This game is protected with SecuROM.
Disk 1 & 2 are NOT PROTECTED !!!!
The Disk 3 ( Play Disk ) IS PROTECTED.

Use CloneCd 4.0.1.9 ( All version below that one have probs.
with reading Subchannels with LiteOn Drives, but NOT WRITING
Subchannels or use an other reader eg: Toshiba....)
Do not read the Images faster than 8X and do not
forget to READ Subchannels for Data and Audio !!!
This should make an working copy of NWN.
PS if you need profiles for reading an writing for CloneCd
just download this zip file an extract it to the profile DIR of
CloneCd an select PROTRCTED CD profile for SecuRom for Reading and
Writing.

greetings hallo51

Profiles : http://www.cdfreaks.com/images/forum/CloneCD_4_Profiles/CloneCD%204%20Profiles.zip

Edited by - Fighter-1 on 07/01/2002 11:47:17

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 9
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/1/2002 7:51:07 PM   
dt05928

Thanks for the information but I tried that and unfortunately, it did not work. I do not know if it is my burner, the firmware, or the version of clone, but I am having no luck.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 10
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/1/2002 8:21:17 PM   
Tron

Just use CloneCD 4.0.1.9 and read the discs in your liteon writter. Then replace the disc with a blank and write it. Use the Game setting and it should work fine. I was able to make a good copy first time. I will say that when I try and play it on my laptop with the CDRW drive, I have to make sure that I use the CloneCD tray icon with "Hide CDR Media" checked.... hope that helps..........

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 11
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/1/2002 8:29:27 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Thanks Tron that is just what I said in the first place. Oh by the way I got the Information that it had Safedisk 2 onit from GAME COPY WORLD but I have just noticed that they have now changed it to SecuRom so even they make mistakes

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 12
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/1/2002 11:03:27 PM   
dt05928

I want to say thanks! To all the people who have tried to help me make a copy of NWN. Unfortunately, I still have not made a backup of the Play disk. I have hit a brick wall even after following everyone’s ideas. It is frustrating because I have backed up 25-30 games in the last year with little problem. I will keep trying to back up this disk. Maybe after another 15 blank CD’s I will get it right or there will be a newer version of clone, a firmware up grade or, I up grade to a newer Lite-On. If you have any more suggestions please let me know.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 13
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/2/2002 11:41:58 PM   
Tron

Dont see where you said to use CloneCD 4.0.1.9 and use the "Game" Setting. I do see you saying something about Cloney and since the new CloneCD came out I see no need for Cloney. Just select the setting for what you want to copy right in CloneCD and Copy it. If you want to thank me anyways that is ok....LOL...

quote:

Thanks Tron that is just what I said in the first place. Oh by the way I got the Information that it had Safedisk 2 onit from GAME COPY WORLD but I have just noticed that they have now changed it to SecuRom so even they make mistakes

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 14
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/3/2002 8:40:10 AM   
dt05928

Tron, I tried that last night and all I got was another coaster. I copied many disks but not this one.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 15
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/3/2002 10:43:07 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey Tron
Seeing it is have a go at me day !
You Say " Dont see where you said to use CloneCD 4.0.1.9 and use the "Game" Setting. I do see you saying something about Cloney and since the new CloneCD came out I see no need for Cloney. Just select the setting for what you want to copy right in CloneCD and Copy it. If you want to thank me anyways that is ok....LOL... "

Thats right I do say something about Cloney and I will still say it again it is the best way to get the settings for Clone CD on Protected CD's and it is far superior to Clone CD's own as it has not been perfected yet and sometimes cause's coasters! I have backed up every CD I have tried with Cloney and believe me I have tried a lot and everyone worked ! And as you can see from dt05928's reply it failed But I backed it up with Clony first time and no problems!

You Say "Just select the setting for what you want to copy right in CloneCD and Copy it."
Yeah right ! That is the fastest way to make coasters unless you know what the settings are and how to adjust them with Cloney you don't need to know the settings it will do them for you !

So you are not as perfect as you thought you were are you? All of us make mistakes don't we ! Now it is my turn toL.O.L and if you want to thank me for that you are Quite Welcome

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> NeverWinter Nights Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI