CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

InCD causes BSOD on boot   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1234 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD causes BSOD on boot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
InCD causes BSOD on boot - 4/28/2003 12:33:45 AM   
rmfought

Just upgraded my home-built system with an Epox 8RDA motherboard (nForce 2) and XP 2400+. Reinstalling WinXP Pro and all software, and was going great until I tried to install the latest InCD (3.5.24.0). When I reboot, as soon as InCD tries to load into the system tray, I get a BSOD every time with the following error:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xF788C000, 0x00000007, 0x00000000, 0xF847D002)

The only things that I can think of are

1) WinXP has chosen to recognize all of my IDE devices (including the CD burner) as SCSI devices, and

2) I swapped the devices such that the burner is sharing a cable with a Zip drive.

Neither of these conditions existed with my previous setup, which worked fine with InCD (Shuttle AK-31A MB w/ Via KT266A). Could either of these be the problem?
Post #: 1
RE: InCD causes BSOD on boot - 4/30/2003 10:47:47 AM   
FortiesMan

I also have this problem. Also with an EPOX8RDA+ with Windows XP home, AMD AthlonXP2400, any recent version of InCD (to 30/4/2003). I have an older RICOH (MO9060 V1.90) DVD ROM/CDR-RW burner and a new ASUS (5224A V1.1) CD-RW burner.

When my InCD is configured to load on startup, the InCD splash screen dispays for about a second, then the blue screen appears for about a half second and then the machine reboots. [?] The message looks about the same as yours but it doesn't display long enough to write down. The machine will go into a reboot loop if not started up in safe mode. Darn! [xx(]

As long as InCD is configured not to startup automatically everything is fine. As soon as InCD is started manually the same thing happens, but it does recover OK from the error when it reboots. A windows box opens after startup indicating that a serious error occurred and that windos recovered. It offers to send a core dump (or whatever) to Microsoft (which I did). But this error is not a common one yet as Microsoft had no advice to give in the automatic reply they sent.

The same computer with an older LG CD-RW also has this problem.

On careful analysis, I'd say it's a computer problem! [:o)]

But it does seem to be a problem with InCD and the 8RDA+ motherboard or perhaps all Nvidia nForce boards? Probably not. I wonder if this is a general nForce clash or just an EPOX thing?

I guess until more posts document this we won't know. [V]

Always state the obvious.

(in reply to rmfought)
Post #: 2
RE: InCD causes BSOD on boot - 4/30/2003 5:08:18 PM   
KCK

This is a generic answer from the InCD troubleshooting guide:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9572

Check if you have the latest BIOS and chipset drivers for your motherboard by visiting its manufacturer's site. Note, however, that sometimes the latest drivers may conflict with InCD. For instance, instead of using Nvidia IDE drivers, you may need to revert to the standard Windows drivers.

In addition, Google found this immediately:

http://8rda.com/page6.htm

Q10. Why my CD-RW did not work and also why my Hard disk reads and writes very slow?

A10. Do not install nforce sw IDE driver and it was for nforce1 platform. If your harddrives and also cdroms are listed as SCSI device, you need to update the IDE controller drive to microsoft generic driver or manually updates it from the IDE drive inf contained in the nforce universal driver package. NVIDIA\nForce\WinXP\2.03\IDE\WinXP\nvhdc.inf

You may also wish to visit the nForcersHQ.com Driver Forum

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

(in reply to rmfought)
Post #: 3
RE: InCD causes BSOD on boot - 5/1/2003 3:09:19 AM   
rmfought

Thanks KCK, I got rid of the NVidia IDE driver and my drives are no longer SCSI, and InCD loads fine now.

(in reply to rmfought)
Post #: 4
RE: InCD causes BSOD on boot - 5/1/2003 4:51:25 AM   
KCK

You are welcome!

(in reply to rmfought)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD causes BSOD on boot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI